Farming.

rico

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, rico said:

More rain coming my way.

That really sucks. Feel for all of the Midwestern farmers. Hope it doesn't do you all in for the summer.

So far, none of the hay prices down here have been affected. The winter shortage had me paying $12 a square bale from November through April. Thankfully, I can get it for $7 here now if I go pick the bales out of the field myself.

I am afraid more rain is on it's way to the Midwest. My wife spent the weekend with friends in North Platte, Nebraska.  Rained on I-80, most of the way there.  Today, Sunday, a drive that normally takes 3 hours, took 6 hours due to driving rain and darkness, most of the way back to Denver. 

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I am sending warm and dry weather your way.  Nearly hit 100, on Friday. Similar for next two days. 

Dry weather is here(knock on wood).  Dad is replanting today at his place.  We will be fine, I will find out how much Mother Nature hurt my wallet come October.

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I actually have seen some corn that will be “knee high on the Fourth of July .”

The last couple of days has to have helped dry the soil out, but looks like a lot of rain in the upcoming forecast... at least for northern Indiana 

So I was at Carmel Farmer's Market yesterday morning at one of the vendors is saying he'll have Indiana sweet corn by next weekend or the following week. Tipton County corn. You guys thinking he's shooting me straight? I thought those areas were some of the hardest hit. Obviously he has no reason to lie but seemed odd since so many have been saying much much longer until it's ready.

16 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I actually have seen some corn that will be “knee high on the Fourth of July .”

The last couple of days has to have helped dry the soil out, but looks like a lot of rain in the upcoming forecast... at least for northern Indiana 

I was up in Noble county y-day...saw some really nice stands of corn.

Archived