Damezi Ready to Make a Sophomore Jump?

I think he'll improve his shooting and defense...my question about him is, can he put it on the floor and go to the rim? Didn't see much (if any) of that his freshman year. 

Anyone familiar enough with his HS or AAU game to render an opinion on that?

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think he'll improve his shooting and defense...my question about him is, can he put it on the floor and go to the rim? Didn't see much (if any) of that his freshman year. 

Not something that he was known for....or maybe better said, expected to be able to do early in his college career.  I agree though, it is key.  You are just too easy to defend if you are not respected off the dribble.  See Fitzner, Evan.

33 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don’t even care if he can get to the rim next year... If he can just hang around the perimeter and hit a spot up three more than 40% of the time, he’ll be a huge difference maker.  We haven’t had a player like that since Archie got here.

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

It wasn't much, but Juwan Morgan said something about Damezi this week that suggests we will see big strides.  And Archie talked about how he can do it.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/indiana-basketball-juwan-morgan-sees-a-sophomore-jump-for-damezi-anderson/

His defense has to really improve for him to see the floor. I do not know I think it could go either way.

Archived