Pet Peeves

Share them with your HSN brethren   But. don't unload them all at once.  Let them out in a trickle to give those that have been shared some time to simmer.

I'm going to start in the grocery store,  Nothing gets to me more than when the person buying $175 worth of groceries does one of the following:

• Realizes they forgot an item and send the spouse, kid, bag boy, or themselves on a trek to locate the item before they pay.  Pay the bill for what you have now and go back through line you cretin!!!!
  • A few seconds after the cashier is done ringing up items, it dawns on the customer that, yes, they do have to pay, and then, and only then, do they start digging through their purse for money or a debit/credit card (I say purse because my experience is men do not do this).  Ma'am, can you please tell me how many times you have been to the grocery and NOT had to pay?  Can you see the benefit of advance preparation.  It takes a while for that cashier to ring up $175 worth of stuff.  Would it be so hard to begin planning your method of payment while that is going on?
  • Like 1

My list is a bit long. But that probably says more about me. I'll keep it consistent with grocery aisle for time being. 90 items in the self checkout. Or 4 items in the self checkout with 3 different forms of payment. Or multiple bags and people all chipping in to pay for 1 item each.  

Like I said my list is long. Curious to see how this one plays out. I can complain or find pet peeves with tons of things. Like I said. Probably more about me. 

People that text you and expect an instant reply. 

1:30pm: blah blah blah

1:30pm: hello

1:31pm: HELLO!?

1:32pm phone rings and they first thing they say is “uh did you not get my text?”

Its not just my wife that does this. Friends as well as some customers do this just as much if not more than she does.

• Like 2

Grocery shopping with the wife.

Me: why you only getting two bars of soap and 4 rolls of toilet paper?

Her: I’m saving money

Me: oh ok. I thought maybe you was broke or planning on not wiping or washing your ass at some point in the very near future.

Her: I’ve got coupons smartass. Plus, I hate grocery shopping. It takes too much time and cost me over $200  every time.

Me: so you might save $3.00 today  at a store that’s 25 miles from the house. Just so you can come back at the end of the week and do it again. Gotcha. Good thing your paying attention.

• Like 1

People who allow their children to run amok in restaurants and then look at you , smiling, like "isn't that cute?"

I love kids. Have 3 grown of my own, and a 9 year old grandson. And I'm not talking McDonalds or Chucky Cheeses...Everyone's all Happy Mealed up and supposed to be having a good time in those places.

But when I'm in a nice, sit down restaurant, wanting some time with my wife, don't let your children run around the place like you're at home. We literally had kids hiding under our table at a nice seafood restaurant the other night...servers having to dodge them running around. And mom and dad just sat there with those dumb grins on their faces. I finally asked them to not let their children play under our table. You would have thought I was the Grinch who stole every holiday for the rest of those kids' lives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

People who allow their children to run amok in restaurants and then look at you , smiling, like "isn't that cute?"

I love kids. Have 3 grown of my own, and a 9 year old grandson. And I'm not talking McDonalds or Chucky Cheeses...Everyone's all Happy Mealed up and supposed to be having a good time in those places.

But when I'm in a nice, sit down restaurant, wanting some time with my wife, don't let your children run around the place like you're at home. We literally had kids hiding under our table at a nice seafood restaurant the other night...servers having to dodge them running around. And mom and dad just sat there with those dumb grins on their faces. I finally asked them to not let their children play under our table. You would have thought I was the Grinch who stole every holiday for the rest of those kids' lives.

Yep. Somehow it's our fault when politely asking the kids parents if they mind controlling their own.

Keeping on that topic and since it's wedding season...peeve of mine is the outrage from the couple or family member saying they won't be coming because the bride/groom chose for it to be adult only wedding reception. Am going to one this Friday night and I know exactly how 2 of my buddies wives will be the entire time. Facetime on, texting/talking about nothing else besides her kids and eventually my 1 friend will have enough and mention why in the hell did you guys even come. Fun times!

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Somehow it's our fault when politely asking the kids parents if they mind controlling their own.

Keeping on that topic and since it's wedding season...peeve of mine is the outrage from the couple or family member saying they won't be coming because the bride/groom chose for it to be adult only wedding reception. Am going to one this Friday night and I know exactly how 2 of my buddies wives will be the entire time. Facetime on, texting/talking about nothing else besides her kids and eventually my 1 friend will have enough and mention why in the hell did you guys even come. Fun times!

There's a good one: people that insist that every call be video/FaceTime. Those people are part of the reason I'm still using my 4 year old Android.

Robocalls. 

Prior to Wednesday of last week, when the government finally announced they will be cracking down on robocalls, I would get multiple daily robocalls. Since then I have gotten only one robocall.  It turned out to be legit.  It was from Kroger, telling us we had bought two items from King Soopers, that were being recalled due to contamination.  As it turned out, we had already consumed them.

• Like 1

My hood has a small gym at the clubhouse. Nothing fancy. 8-9 machines. 3 TV's,etc....and there's an unwritten code whoever gets there first can control the tv/sound,etc...I've been forced to watch house rehab shows, anything on bravo many, many times over the last 10 years. But my peeve is this. At least turn the volume up. Nothing worse than watching a show at the gym AND you can't hear what the people are saying. There's one guy who is a rock, early 80's so I want to be careful but he likes to watch CSPAN. With no volume. To the point now when I walk in and see him I do an about face. 

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My hood has a small gym at the clubhouse. Nothing fancy. 8-9 machines. 3 TV's,etc....and there's an unwritten code whoever gets there first can control the tv/sound,etc...I've been forced to watch house rehab shows, anything on bravo many, many times over the last 10 years. But my peeve is this. At least turn the volume up. Nothing worse than watching a show at the gym AND you can't hear what the people are saying. There's one guy who is a rock, early 80's so I want to be careful but he likes to watch CSPAN. With no volume. To the point now when I walk in and see him I do an about face. 

So that leads me to question.  Should you get there first, and have control of the tv's, what would you watch ?