Pet Peeves

People who back into parking spaces. If I ever run for president, my entire platform will be centered on making it a felony to back into parking spaces. I realize there could potentially be a benefit to it, but I'm sorry to the 5% that can successfully do it, but the other 95% that try to and can't are ruining it for you. No more!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

People who back into parking spaces. If I ever run for president, my entire platform will be centered on making it a felony to back into parking spaces. I realize there could potentially be a benefit to it, but I'm sorry to the 5% that can successfully do it, but the other 95% that try to and can't are ruining it for you. No more!!!!

Got my vote. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Must be relying on their backup cameras.  Conversely. Not a pet peeve.  But when I pull into a parking lot. Say like at Home Depot. I always pull to the other side. So that when I leave, I don't have to back out. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BGleas said:

OMG.  I thought I was the only one bothered by this.  I put a hex on everone that does.  Also refuse to park next to someone that does this.  Driver door next to driver door bothers me to an unhealthy level.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

OMG.  I thought I was the only one bothered by this.  I put a hex on everone that does.  Also refuse to park next to someone that does this.  Driver door next to driver door bothers me to an unhealthy level.

I actually like parking driver door to driver door- as long as I'm the one pulling in second. I can make sure the gap is large enough to eliminate the possibility of door dings.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm so adamant about it, one year as a joke on my birthday at previous company I worked at every employee  got to work a little early and backed into their parking spot. 😡

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, BGleas said:

I guess I fall in the 5%! Don't do it a lot, but when it makes sense I do, and almost always get it the first time! Thank God, we hardly ever see  parallel parking anymore!

Have to tell the story, my last visit to my best friend in Russia, we came up behind a guy trying to parallel park in a tight space, there is only one lane past the parked cars, so we have to wait! After about his 6th time I commented, " he must be practicing his parallel parking". After about 10, he finally stopped, a little later my friend was trying to put her car in an equally small spot.  After about her third attempt, I commented that she was practicing as well! Thankfully, we have a GREAT understanding of each other, and she took it for the joke it was intended!!! 

6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

So that leads me to question.  Should you get there first, and have control of the tv's, what would you watch ?

Depends on day and time. Law and Order reruns on WE happen on Tuesday and Wednesday along with Sunday so I usually try to find the episode I like best. Of course POP TV has Beverly Hills 90210 reruns M-F from 11-3 so I usually do one of those depending on episode. Comedy Central runs The Office often so if I can find an hour I'm good. Otherwise...especially during this past season I watch an IU game on the elliptical. Takes the tension off. 

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Depends on day and time. Law and Order reruns on WE happen on Tuesday and Wednesday along with Sunday so I usually try to find the episode I like best. Of course POP TV has Beverly Hills 90210 reruns M-F from 11-3 so I usually do one of those depending on episode. Comedy Central runs The Office often so if I can find an hour I'm good. Otherwise...especially during this past season I watch an IU game on the elliptical. Takes the tension off. 

I don't know that I have ever watched Law and Order.  My son loves Comedy Central.

Here's an evil thought.  As the 80 year old guy who gets there first.  And ask him what tv shows he hates. Then get there first one day.  And play his least favorite tv show.  LOL

19 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I don't know that I have ever watched Law and Order.  My son loves Comedy Central.

Here's an evil thought.  As the 80 year old guy who gets there first.  And ask him what tv shows he hates. Then get there first one day.  And play his least favorite tv show.  LOL

There's a few of us there who are there often. I know he goes every day at 1 or 4pm so I generally try to avoid those slots. Between CSPAN and History Channel (which I would be fine with).....I'm good with most as long as the volume is up.

The mornings I'm screwed because there are  sets of women at 9 and 10 who watch the house rehab shows....which is why I settled into the midday gym time. 

39 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

mile, never thought of you as being vindictive. That being said, I can't say I didn't have the same thought!

Staff meetings that take longer than necessary because people keep asking questions. 

It’s funny that backing into parking spots comes up here.  The only place I back into a parking spot at is Assembly Hall. If you don’t back in out in lot 11 where I park, it will take forever to get out. 

Edited by Parakeet Jones
  • Haha 1

People who insist on asking Siri/voice command the same damn question more than twice without it understanding them.

News flash, jackwagon: you could have typed it in or opened the app yourself already!

"Siri, what's the weather going to be in Nowheresville, WV tomorrow?"

*no response*

*slightly louder* "Siri, what's the weather going to be in Nowheresville, WV tomorrow?"

"Sorry, I didn't understand that."

*louder yet* "Siri.... what's the weather..... Going to be..... In Nowheresville, WV..... Tomorrow?"

Meanwhile, I'm standing in front of them, having already unlocked my phone, opened the weather app, typed in "Nowheresville, WV" and have had the forecast on screen for 10 seconds, while they're staring at their phone like some
poop-flinging orangutan, wondering why the imaginary person inside doesn't like them all of a sudden.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

The mornings I'm screwed because there are  sets of women at 9 and 10 who watch the house rehab shows....which is why I settled into the midday gym time. 

House rehab shows are halfway tolerable. Be glad it isn't The Real Housewives Of BFE or wherever it is now.

People that don't seem to know where the trash can is, or how to find one.  Yes, I'm talking about my teenage children and the trash they leave around the house, but I'm,also talking about people that leave drink cups on shelves at the store, candy wrappers that are left to blow down the street, and things like empty motor oil bottles left in parking lots.