Pet Peeves

This is part Pet Peeve, part just pisses me off.   Was at the grocery last night.  Walking from the parking lot to the front door.  A car pulls into the handicap space closest to the front door.  there is a handicap tag hanging from the rear view mirror.  However, does a handicap person step out of the car?  No, 4 perfectly healthy teenage girls pile out.  Now, I have no reason to believe that the handicap tag was not needed for that car. It's very likely someone that regularly drives the car needs it.  However, the group that used the tag last night to secure a front parking space did not have have anyone that required it/  Just because you have the tag does not mean you get to use it if it's not needed.  

I've regretted all day not saying something to the girls.  

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This is part Pet Peeve, part just pisses me off.   Was at the grocery last night.  Walking from the parking lot to the front door.  A car pulls into the handicap space closest to the front door.  there is a handicap tag hanging from the rear view mirror.  However, does a handicap person step out of the car?  No, 4 perfectly healthy teenage girls pile out.  Now, I have no reason to believe that the handicap tag was not needed for that car. It's very likely someone that regularly drives the car needs it.  However, the group that used the tag last night to secure a front parking space did not have have anyone that required it/  Just because you have the tag does not mean you get to use it if it's not needed.  

Good dear friend of ours. A few years back. Was issued a handicapped placard. Due to impaired vision. Restricted to only day driving.  Just good enough to legally drive in the state of Colorado, during daylight hours. So the state issued her a handicapped placard. 

Was confronted one day by a very obnoxious lady, when our friend was asked what was wrong with her.  And I will never forget our friends response : " I can't see".

Bottom line, and I am not saying this is the case in your situation. However, there are all kinds of reasons why a person can be issued a handicap placard.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

That has always pissed me off.  

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Just because you have the tag does not mean you get to use it if it's not needed. 

Most state laws will agree with you. Handicapped plates/tags are not just issued to a vehicle, they're issued to a vehicle and a person with the condition that the person to which the tag is issued is driving or being transported in said vehicle.

If someone is driving without that person present and parks in a handicapped spot, it's as good as not having the tag at all, and they can be fined.

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Most state laws will agree with you. Handicapped plates/tags are not just issued to a vehicle, they're issued to a vehicle and a person with the condition that the person to which the tag is issued is driving or being transported in said vehicle.

If someone is driving without that person present and parks in a handicapped spot, it's as good as not having the tag at all, and they can be fined.

True story here.

The "little lady" has a daughter that is indeed handicapped.  So for such Julie has a handicapped plate.  But yet her daughter very rarely is in the vehicle.  But yet she always pulls into a parking spot that is marked handicapped.  I just shake my head.  My "little lady" pisses me off when she does such.  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As someone that is 6'6", I think there should be a 6'5" (I'm willing to negotiate down to 6'4" but it stops there) or taller requirement for sitting in the emergency row on an airplane. 

Waivers can be given to the spouses of the tall people if they'd like to sit together. 

Edited by BGleas

11 minutes ago, BGleas said:

As someone that is 6'6", I think there should be a 6'5" (I'm willing to negotiate down to 6'4" but it stops there) or taller requirement for sitting in the emergency row on an airplane. 

Waivers can be given to the spouses of the tall people if they'd like to sit together. 

Back in 2003 or 2004, I was on a Southwest flight leaving Florida with Nick Smith,  who was a Center on the Illinois basketball team back in those days.  He was/is 7"2.  As most probably know, Southwest was first come, first serve back then.  This was even before the boarding group thing they have now.  My wife and I were literally the last ones in line (squeezed all the extra minutes we could out of that vacation).  Nick was 3-4 spots ahead of us.  Well, as you can imagine, on a completely full flight, the only seats remaining were in the center seat and in the very back of the plane.  The flight was literally delayed while the flight attendants negotiated with people in the emergency exit row to allow Nick to sit there.  No one was willing to give up an Emergency exit row seat for a center seat in the back of the plane.

More recently, I've been on a couple of flights between Louisville and Chicago with Will Perdue.  Still Southwest, but Will gets on early enough that he's always comfortably snuggled into the Exit row seat before schmucks like me are allowed to board.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

I have yet to encounter one in person, but if I'm ever on a plan with someone that claims that their turkey or aardvark or other "emotional support animal" that should either be in a zoo or lunch has a right to sit next to me, one of us will not be surviving the trip.

Makes me want to get a king cobra and carry it around as my support animal. "Yes, it's my emotional support cobra. Helps keep my emotions steady. How? Because 99% of humanity leaves me the f*** alone finally!"

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I'm going to dig this up from the dead. 

I got tricked into doing laundry but listening to Fisch call the first half got me through it, not going to talk about the 2nd half. 

Anyway, pet peeve, toothpaste.  It's everywhere, the sink, floor, mirror, my wife's chin and shirt, WTF!  It leaves bleach out marks on her clothes.  

Im just gonna come right and say it, most women are unorganized and ugh...ugh..messy?...ugh..disheveled?

Noone told me this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'm going to dig this up from the dead. 

I got tricked into doing laundry but listening to Fisch call the first half got me through it, not going to talk about the 2nd half. 

Anyway, pet peeve, toothpaste.  It's everywhere, the sink, floor, mirror, my wife's chin and shirt, WTF!  It leaves bleach out marks on her clothes.  

Im just gonna come right and say it, most women are unorganized and ugh...ugh..messy?...ugh..disheveled?

Noone told me this. 

I've finally trained mine that it's not ok to leave chunks of toothpaste in the sink to allow to dry up.  Like, I haven't had chunks of toothpaste fall out of my mouth while brushing since I was 5.  How is that even possible?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I've finally trained mine that it's not ok to leave chunks of toothpaste in the sink to allow to dry up.  Like, I haven't had chunks of toothpaste fall out of my mouth while brushing since I was 5.  How is that even possible?

Squeeze the tube in the middle or the end? Of course the end people!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

So when you put it on, do you put the tail out the back? A peeve of mine, always over the top!

Well, I thought the great break trough was the simplicity of being able to change/ refill it. But since removing all possible reasonable complexities of that activity didn't work, I think the only remedy is removing the seat just to prove a point. The enemy will concede dangit ! 

I'm now left to self celebrate, I have solved the over under conundrum. No body argues over left or right tail.

• Like 1