Pet Peeves

15 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

My kids are a bit older than yours, but they handle profanity like adults….meaning they’re not in shock hearing it, but have the good sense not to repeat any of it (within earshot of adults anyway). Someone dropped an F-bomb accidentally in front of my 10 year old.  They apologized and without missing a beat, he chimes in “That’s ok…Not the first time I’ve heard it”. 

I don’t care if it’s a few words here and there with my kids around, it’s just the non-stop. We went to a Cardinals game and a huge group of college kids ended up right behind us (luckily they had to move because they were in the wrong seats) and it was a constant flow of cursing. 

20 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

The world is my pet peeve. I could fill volumes.

I can't stand it when there are 4 urinals, like the one bathroom at my work, and some stooge is in the second from left and I have to go to the far right kiddie size to maintain the required space in between. public-urinal-dos-and-donts-comic.jpg.a9a7e06696923e70709ead25a005569e.jpg

#3 ! ! ! ! !! !  

There are GROWN ass men who do this. Talk about mommy issues. I dang near got fired in 2008 when I experienced this.

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2022 at 5:07 PM, Steubenhoosier said:

People, like the woman in front of me, who still write checks at the grocery… and stand there watching the cashier scan all her items before starting to write 

Got behind some dumba$$ woman at Kroger the other day who had to try 4 cards before she finally got one that paid. The first two got declined. The third one kept showing invalid PIN. After her order was finally paid for, the cashier took the 4 foot long receipt, circled something and went on and on explaining something to her. I sighed very audibly, causing the woman and her husband to glare at me. I glared back, angrily. I always think of the best things to say well after the fact. Later that day, I thought I should have told the cashier, "Don't worry, I only have 1 card, and I know it will pay!" 

I have zero patience for people who hold up lines with their ditziness and stupidity. 

• Like 2

On 6/17/2022 at 5:07 PM, Steubenhoosier said:

People, like the woman in front of me, who still write checks at the grocery… and stand there watching the cashier scan all her items before starting to write 

Oh my god, this. I’m one of those people with my card out ready to pay as my stuff starts being scanned. It drives me insane when someone in front of me seems surprised that they have to pay for their goods. Like, “You knew you would have to pay, why wait until they tell you the total to start digging through your bag for your card/cash/checkbook.” 

I always figure my job is to make things quicker for all of us, even the people behind me. Have your shit ready when it’s time to pay! 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not in concept but, fireworks…. after 11:00, 2 weeks before July 4th, ongoing, every, frickin’, night!

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

That one is pretty high on my wifes list as well. 

Mine too...

And down here in Texas they shoot them off for anything... Secretary's Day, Ramadan, you name it... If you can blow something up, they're into it... 

I just noticed a Pet Peeve that I've actually just accepted over the last 4-6 yrs.

WEAK Q-TIP Sticks. How the !@$% do I dig into a really good ear itch with these Ramin noodle frickin sticks?

Now that I am of the age of long eye brow hair and the constant ear itch, I better respect that old dog, setting all bent into a U shape, using his bag leg to itch that dadgum ear that just won't stop itchin!

Why do they not use carbon fiber for q-tip's? cheap, light, small, formable.... Stronger than a 2x4! Now that would scratch a damn itch !

Freaking Scammers. I received a call this AM "from Amazon" of fraudulent activity on my account and possible stolen Identity. Sounded and was organized pretty professionally. I gave them zero personal info, and they supplied me, for verification purposes, my info, mostly that is publicly available like how many times I post on HSN and stuff. 

Then because it is potentially an ID theft issue, they will transfer me to the US department of the Treasury who will help me deal with that.. I'm like.... WTF but ok. "it will take 2 minutes to connect the call please stand by" said the Indian accent Amazon rep... tic tok tic tok... 20 seconds BAM.

Heero dis is US treasury specialagentjackwatsooon. (no spaces because that is how they speak). I said, wait a minute, this is the same Indian guy that was just an Amazon rep.. "NONONO Sir I am specialagentjackwatsooon with the treasury". I said bullspit. click. 

THey have gotten pretty dang real folks. Lets stay safe out there!

Amazon

32 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Freaking Scammers. I received a call this AM "from Amazon" of fraudulent activity on my account and possible stolen Identity. Sounded and was organized pretty professionally. I gave them zero personal info, and they supplied me, for verification purposes, my info, mostly that is publicly available like how many times I post on HSN and stuff. 

Then because it is potentially an ID theft issue, they will transfer me to the US department of the Treasury who will help me deal with that.. I'm like.... WTF but ok. "it will take 2 minutes to connect the call please stand by" said the Indian accent Amazon rep... tic tok tic tok... 20 seconds BAM.

Heero dis is US treasury specialagentjackwatsooon. (no spaces because that is how they speak). I said, wait a minute, this is the same Indian guy that was just an Amazon rep.. "NONONO Sir I am specialagentjackwatsooon with the treasury". I said bullspit. click. 

THey have gotten pretty dang real folks. Lets stay safe out there!

Amazon

LifeLock

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 9:54 PM, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I just noticed a Pet Peeve that I've actually just accepted over the last 4-6 yrs.

WEAK Q-TIP Sticks. How the !@$% do I dig into a really good ear itch with these Ramin noodle frickin sticks?

Now that I am of the age of long eye brow hair and the constant ear itch, I better respect that old dog, setting all bent into a U shape, using his bag leg to itch that dadgum ear that just won't stop itchin!

Why do they not use carbon fiber for q-tip's? cheap, light, small, formable.... Stronger than a 2x4! Now that would scratch a damn itch !

Use earplugs. My ears are cleaner than ever. 

Car keys or ink pens for itches. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Use earplugs. My ears are cleaner than ever. 

Car keys or ink pens for itches. 

I've got a set of $5,000 ear plugs that have amplifiers on them. I thought I wanted to hear other people when they spoke..... Turns out, it was wasted $$. I can hear them fine, but I now know I don't need too. 😄

• Haha 4