Pet Peeves

29 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

The biking part is fun but you offered up 2 reasons I have no interest in NYC.  1. Some people.  2. Some other people.  

The people are the worst. And there are just so many more of them here, and you are always RIGHT next to them. 

But honestly, the people are also sometimes the best. Mixed bag, for sure. 

• Like 1

Electronic Ticketing. 

Was buying single game Bengals tickets for my son and I using VividSeats.   My goodness the process is painful.  I would have never made it through without my son.  It wasn't that I couldn't figure out how to use the site.  It's just so damn painful.  And, even though they gave me a confirmation code as I bought the things, I had to go into various emails they sent and do a bunch of additional steps (at least my cheap labor son did).  

Between the tickets and parking, they sent me NINE different emails regarding my purchase.  NINE.

And, it's a crock of you know what they don't offer the option for physical tickets.  I'm the type of person that always liked to save event tickets.  

• Like 3

This has recently become a much bigger pet peeve for me, and I'm not sure why: preseason rankings and all the banter and bickering that comes with them. I've purposely avoided looking at any college football polls or articles talking about them. 

Recently, MaxPreps published a ranking of what it feels are the top 25 teams in Indiana. My social media world is now full of people crapping their pants about how northeast Indiana didn't have a single team on the list, how their team doesn't get the respect it deserves, etc. It's just gotten annoying and tiresome. I have a pretty good idea of which teams will be good and which teams won't be; I don't need to see multi-page threads or comment sections a mile long full of people arguing about everything under the sun to try and prove a meaningless point concerning a number (or lack thereof) next to their team's name. 

And also, it's freaking MaxPreps. They still have dudes in their 20's listed on high school rosters. 

11 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I find tv screens at gas pumps intolerable. 

As if we don't have enough screen time in our lives. I remember a friend of mine in the 60's bemoaning TV, saying if you spend more than two hours a day watching TV you live in an unreal world. Imagine what he would say today?

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Drroogh said:

As if we don't have enough screen time in our lives. I remember a friend of mine in the 60's bemoaning TV, saying if you spend more than two hours a day watching TV you live in an unreal world. Imagine what he would say today?

I do truly worry for people that can’t just walk somewhere or wait in line without staring at their phone. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

I do truly worry for people that can’t just walk somewhere or wait in line without staring at their phone. 

Well, I guess i am okay.  Yes, I'm staring at my phone.  How else could I respond.  Not walking though.  I'm firmly planted on my ass shoving tortilla chips down my throat at a hole in the wall Mexican place a couple of blocks from the office.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Well, I guess i am okay.  Yes, I'm staring at my phone.  How else could I respond.  Not walking though.  I'm firmly planted on my ass shoving tortilla chips down my throat at a hole in the wall Mexican place a couple of blocks from the office.

Being on your phone to entertain yourself while shoving chips down your throat is totally normal. That’s me at least once or twice a week.

I was riffing off of the screen time quote - we literally have people walking down the street (or into the street), or up subway stairs staring at their phones. There’s a whole big world out there, but I’m not sure a lot of people realize it. 

• Haha 1

People that don't say thank you when you hold the door open for. Especially if you had to wait for a while.  I hate seeing a door shut anywhere close to someone. 

I was walking out of the gas station a guy was 20 plus ft away I held the door open and as he walked through I said, you're welcome and he said I didn't say thank you and before I could bite my tongue I said yeah prick I know

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

People that don't say thank you when you hold the door open for. Especially if you had to wait for a while.  I hate seeing a door shut anywhere close to someone. 

I was walking out of the gas station a guy was 20 plus ft away I held the door open and as he walked through I said, you're welcome and he said I didn't say thank you and before I could bite my tongue I said yeah prick I know

Are you me?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

4 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Are you me?

The overall lack of civility today saddens me. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

A few weeks ago, I held a door at the library for a woman who was carrying a baby and had two small boys behind her. She never even acknowledged me, but made sure to tell the dawdling boys 3 times to stay with her. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

A few weeks ago, I held a door at the library for a woman who was carrying a baby and had two small boys behind her. She never even acknowledged me, but made sure to tell the dawdling boys 3 times to stay with her. 

You guys must look sketchy.  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

You guys must look sketchy.  

I know sketchy when I see it. These people had the vibe of the older boy having to go to Kindergarten Countdown this summer, the teachers telling mom that she should probably try and do this thing called "reading" to him every so often, and suggested she go to this place called the li-berry to check out some books. A thousand books before kindergarten probably wasn't happening for this little tyke, but they may have had enough time to make a run at 10 or so. 

Sorry, my community's literacy rate (or lack thereof) pisses me off sometimes. 

9 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Hackers !!!!

If you have IPhones, IPads or Macs you need to update your operating system NOW!

Well this explains why I am suddenly very popular, Via Text, with all kinds of hotties that want to introduce themselves.

I may check out the reviews on the updates before I tell them all no. One should never overlook an opportunity.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...