Pet Peeves

So I’m sitting on the front deck awaiting a UPS delivery. Guy drives up and literally backs up into my driveway the whole time talking on his cell phone. Then he drives off and then I get notification from Amazon delivery on hold needs more information! 
WTF

People who don't mow their yards. I swear the people in my neighborhood have a contest every year to see who will be the last one to mow. I figure it's either because the tall grass is better for hiding the junk they don't want to get rid of or they just don't feel like cleaning up their dog's poop. 

• Like 1

F*#king car horns. So sick of them and the a**holes that use them when they are not necessary.

Our old place was in the middle of a block that would get backed up in the morning and evening. There was always some jerk about 15 cars back laying on his horn out of frustration. One day I was out front planting some bushels with a shovel when some dude was yelling and honking. I yelled at him to lay off and he just started honking more. 

His window went up quick and the honking stopped when I ran out there with the shovel. It’s how I met one of our neighbors. She started cheering after he sheepishly stopped the racket. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

F*#king car horns. So sick of them and the a**holes that use them when they are not necessary.

Our old place was in the middle of a block that would get backed up in the morning and evening. There was always some jerk about 15 cars back laying on his horn out of frustration. One day I was out front planting some bushels with a shovel when some dude was yelling and honking. I yelled at him to lay off and he just started honking more. 

His window went up quick and the honking stopped when I ran out there with the shovel. It’s how I met one of our neighbors. She started cheering after he sheepishly stopped the racket. 

One of my worst driving f' ups was with my family, in NYC, trying to get out of Manhattan, on Black Friday, 2000.

I was first at a light, turning right. There was a Yellow Cab to my right along the curb with his left blinker on. I'm from the Midwest...you help people out. So, I let him go out straight...

Problem.was, the 15 Yellow Cabs behind him got right on his bumper and they went too...

Think there wasn't some honking/cursing that day?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

One of my worst driving f' ups was with my family, in NYC, trying to get out of Manhattan, on Black Friday, 2000.

I was first at a light, turning right. There was a Yellow Cab to my right along the curb with his left blinker on. I'm from the Midwest...you help people out. So, I let him go out straight...

Problem.was, the 15 Yellow Cabs behind him got right on his bumper and they went too...

Think there wasn't some honking/cursing that day?

Ha, yeah you can’t give them any space! They will take advantage of you. The taxis and the delivery trucks are both like that. I’ve lost a mirror before trying not to let a truck squeeze past me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2022 at 8:06 PM, 5fouls said:

"Place your item in the bag or cart and scan next item"........over and over and over again. 

Perhaps even more annoying is when the only cashier working has 8 people lined up and the Walmart manager claims the lack of cashiers is because they're under-staffed...meanwhile, 3 employees are standing behind the customer service desk all staring at their phones. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Pet peeves, right?

Why are there no shock collars on cats?

Dogs have an area they can go in the yard, cats... ehhh WTFE, go where you want. Talk about privileged just for being a feline. 

Signed

Johnny Deep.

Lol. I think I know what you're talking about. That mangy thing was at best 4/10 at best.  Well off the hot/crazy scale. Johnny Deep could slay better. 

• Haha 1