Blake Wesley

milehiiu

14 hours ago, Milosh68 said:

I’ll do my best to go to a few games and take some video. The last time i saw him play was when he was a freshman(Dameezi’s senior year)and he was splitting time between the JV and varsity. Everyone pretty much knew then that he was gonna be a good one. He just couldn’t find any varsity minutes because of the loaded junior and senior class that year. I will say this however, he does have that silky smooth type of game, and with two years to continue growing and improving, his ceiling is high.

It's hard for me to justify going to a lot of games now that I am not coaching.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Wesley scored 37 in a close conference loss this weekend. At one point he put up 11 points in 2 minutes. 

He is going to move to the top of IU staff's board. 

Kaufman or Furst along with Wesley would be a home run. Kaufman AND Furst with Wesley would be a grand slam. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2019 at 9:17 AM, IndySportsPartizan said:

Wesley scored 37 in a close conference loss this weekend. At one point he put up 11 points in 2 minutes. 

He is going to move to the top of IU staff's board. 

Any updates on this one? I know it's only been a month just curious and ready to dive into 21 recruiting after taking a few months off.

On ‎01‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 11:15 AM, IndySportsPartizan said:

Averaging 26ppg on the season. Mike Brey is recruiting him very very hard. 

ND is a great school....would get to play in a great conference and travel to some iconic venues. That said Mike Brey's recruiting influence has taken a severe hit imo. I think we could land the kid if we push hard enough. Even if Damezi doesn't work out like we all want if he leads to us getting this kid...it wouldn't be a bad thing.

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I like your list, but if we are dreaming, I'd add Goode.

I don't bother counting schollies.  (a) Not my problem to focus on, and (b) it always works itself out.

I probably would lean towards another big (true center) given the makeup of the roster but you can't go wrong with shooters.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I would offer and accept from the top 6 in that class. Let the numbers work themself out. 

Yeah...however if we strike out on the top 5....Cam is going to have to do some pretty impressive coaching to hang on to his job. You miss on kids of that stature in the state it ain't going to be easy to recover from it.

42 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah...however if we strike out on the top 5....Cam is going to have to do some pretty impressive coaching to hang on to his job. You miss on kids of that stature in the state it ain't going to be easy to recover from it.

Yes but i am afraid we will and then mise out on those that we waited to long to offer 

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Yes but i am afraid we will and then mise out on those that we waited to long to offer 

I think if Archie isn't careful....only guys in the top 3 or 4 are going to be good enough to save his job...so it might be getting closer and closer to go all in if he runs this thing to close to the edge...but I agree with you. He may get to the point soon though even if he brings in solid guys by the time they can help us he might not be here to benefit from it...which is why he is going so hard at the top. I pray that isn't the case but it can get there in a hurry with how the expectations are at IU.

On 1/20/2020 at 9:50 AM, cybergates said:

Wish someone could get them all together and interested in being a new and improved Fab 5/6 all from Indiana playing for Indiana. Epic...

Image result for epic gif

Well we have Galloway and Leal from our Indiana Heat team....add Furst and Lander and that’s almost an all star AAU team. Get them talking to Kaufman and Wesley and you would have an epic haul from the state. Heck might be enough Hoosier hysteria to convince Trayce to stick around a couple years and try to win a NC!

10 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

One of the media guys focused on recruiting—I think it is Brian Snow— believes that Kaufman and Furst won’t go to the same school.  Apparently they don’t want to get into each other’s way.  

I've heard that.  Wherever that is coming from, they aren't doing the players any good.  It isn't like we are talking about two classic point guards here.  They are clearly two very different players whose games would compliment each other.  Kaufman is a 3/4, Furst is a 5.  They might not go to the same school, but whatever school they choose is still just as likely to land another recruit that plays forward and has a game similar to the player they are trying to avoid.  It is shortsighted.  Each player should just go where they want to go and not worry about the other.

5 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I've heard that.  Wherever that is coming from, they aren't doing the players any good.  It isn't like we are talking about two classic point guards here.  They are clearly two very different players whose games would compliment each other.  Kaufman is a 3/4, Furst is a 5.  They might not go to the same school, but whatever school they choose is still just as likely to land another recruit that plays forward and has a game similar to the player they are trying to avoid.  It is shortsighted.  Each player should just go where they want to go and not worry about the other.

This 100%....and I actually don't believe they've ever said that no matter who said it. I simply think they are focused on their own recruitment and if that goes separate ways so be it. I think they just have no connection and don't care where the other ends up. I do think Furst would see himself as a 4 and would like to go somewhere that will allow him to develop his outside game...as that is the best chance in going pro. In college as a pure center he is going to go up against a lot more physical and taller guys.

On 1/22/2020 at 9:06 AM, The Daily Hoosier said:

Does anyone know if that is still the case though? I know this was said last year when Kaufman spent more time around the rim and projected as a 4/5. He now has expanded his game and is playing as more of a 3/4. I wonder if this isn't just old regurgitated intel that guys like Snow like to throw around when they don't know any new intel. 

Archived