Blake Wesley

milehiiu

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

Per Rabby: Indiana signee Trey Galloway 22 points to lead @CMABasketball to a 54-40 win over South Bend Riley in the Winter Classic title game. Blake Wesley was terrific, scoring 34 for @RileyWildcatsBB. #iubb

scoring 34 of teams 40 points is pretty impressive 

Blake was the tournament MVP finishing game 1 with 27pts & game 2 with 34. 

not sure how many on here were able to watch the game on the link i provided earlier, but Wesley can create his own shot off the dribble very impressively for a junior. Galloway was on him 90% of the time and he struggled to contain Wesley. 
Blake likes to go to his left a ton considering he is a right handed shooter, maybe it comes from his dads teaching. His dad was a lefty so I’m assuming he has impressed upon him how important is is to go to both sides off the dribble. I’ve just never seen a player go to his opposite side as if it were his dominant side. 

that Riley team is Just an average team at best. If they didn’t have Wesley i can’t see how they would have won any games this year. He was hitting 24-27 foot three pointers all night. He doesn’t hug the line at all.

4 hours ago, Milosh68 said:

And here is a replay of the game if anyone wants to watch it that missed it.  Blake is #0 and Galloway is #32 https://livestream.com/accounts/17075222/events/8969283/videos/201195707

note: this a very clear video to watch, and there is no announcers, just background crowd noise.

I watched the game and here are my thoughts.... 

1.) Wesley looks like a stud. He dominated and looked like the best player on the court, and it wasn't even close. He was dialed in from deep and finished through contact multiple times. This kid has some really nice plays throughout the game. Definitely worth the watch. 

2.) This is the only game I have ever seen Galloway play, but he looked pretty underwhelming. Didn't finish as well around the rim, or capitalize on his free throw opportunities. He did hit a couple of 3s which is always nice to see. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 4:11 AM, DireBump said:

I watched the game and here are my thoughts.... 

1.) Wesley looks like a stud. He dominated and looked like the best player on the court, and it wasn't even close. He was dialed in from deep and finished through contact multiple times. This kid has some really nice plays throughout the game. Definitely worth the watch. 

2.) This is the only game I have ever seen Galloway play, but he looked pretty underwhelming. Didn't finish as well around the rim, or capitalize on his free throw opportunities. He did hit a couple of 3s which is always nice to see. 

Wesley had 22 last night in the win over Penn. Damezi’s younger brother had 17.

I'm glad Archie has been on this kid hard for basically the past year. Really feel like he is going to blow up over the summer once national scouts get a look. Will be good for Archie that he has built up such a good relationship with him. We lost Garcia because Marquette had been on him so long...well maybe this time it is up that holds off the suiters.

5 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Anyone have a sense where IU stands with him, and ND as well (being the home town school)?  I recall the ride IU sent him for a visit.  He seemed enthusiastic during that visit. 

I've spoken to his Dad a few times.  They have taken a few visits but I don't think they are super invested in the recruiting stuff right now.  I expect that he will get serious about that in the spring and summer.  He is running with a really good Indy Heat Nike EYBL squad that should give him really good exposure that he didn't have last year on the UA circuit.  I'd say IU is in as good of shape as anyone.

It won't be for lack of trying or effort. His game translates...fits our style of basketball and we have been on him as long as anyone has. We've laid the foundation...he may find that important in who has been on me the most and built up the most trust or he may have his heart set on a specific school or he may just go for the flavor of the hour if a UK, UNC, UL etc come calling. We saw Dawson Garcia honor how much Marquette had invested in him...perhaps Wesley will be like that for us.

9 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Lander and Kaufman are pretty far up there. 

I think the staff is really hopeful on Duncomb, especially as he seems more likely than not to be the first one to make a college decision. I expect it before his senior year. Lander will probably go into the spring time of his senior year and the others in the Fall. So, hoping Duncomb is the first IU domino and then they get it going. 

How good do you think Duncomb is and would a commit from him keep Furst or Kauffman from coming here.  also you don't think their is a chance that Lander will reclassify to 2020

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

So is Duncomb going to be good enough to take his commit if it means not getting Furst?

Yes especially if we get Kaufman.  We are not in position to not sign kids like Duncomb just to wait on others.  That's my opinion. I think Furst may be more college ready but I would be thrilled with either 

Archived