Blake Wesley

milehiiu

16 hours ago, CoachSS said:

I think it's a bad idea for Lander to re-class.

I think adding Duncomb would remove them from getting Furst. 

Care to elaborate? I assume the kid is hoping to be in the NBA to start the 2022 season, if so, wouldn't it make sense to get two years of college before then? 

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Care to elaborate? I assume the kid is hoping to be in the NBA to start the 2022 season, if so, wouldn't it make sense to get two years of college before then? 

My guess is because they both play the 5. Kaufman is more of a 4 so he with either.is fine but I doubt we would take 2 5's in the same class or that 2 would committ in same class 

20 hours ago, CoachSS said:

I think it's a bad idea for Lander to re-class.

I think adding Duncomb would remove them from getting Furst. 

Just specifically Lander or a majority of kids? Seems like more and more kids are being held back in elementary now days to give them a better shot playing a year older so in reality some of these kids might actually be going to classes they should be in. Have no idea with Lander.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, KDB said:

Wesley's a baller. Thought he'd see a pretty good rise in the rankings.

Someone said Indiana HS season would make a bigger impact in recruiting and rankings then what happens in AAU. After seeing Wesley basically have one of the best seasons a HS kid has had in this state in a while and he continue to drop I find it hard to believe these scouts that do the rankings really put much stock into the HS season outside kids playing at prep schools and the level of visits these kids get from elite coaching staffs. I suppose if Wesley was getting visits from Cal or Coach K he would shoot up...guess Archie just drags his rating down lol.

On 2/14/2020 at 1:20 PM, dgambill said:

Just specifically Lander or a majority of kids? Seems like more and more kids are being held back in elementary now days to give them a better shot playing a year older so in reality some of these kids might actually be going to classes they should be in. Have no idea with Lander.

What’s crazy about this is how true it actually is.  Think about what an extra yr does to the growth, strength and mindset!  I’m a perfect example, turned 5 Aug 29 with a cutoff of Sept 1st.  Played the youngest possible throughout entire career and paid for it because I was a slow developer muscle wise.  Weighed a buck 20 Soph yr and graduated a buck 60 Senior yr.  Joined the USN and shot up to a buck 90 while gaining noticeably muscle tone in one yr.  Man I could have used that 190 with muscle my Senior yr but didn’t because I enrolled early.  Imagine kids with actual ability and what that might do for them?  It’s no Joke!

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

Someone said Indiana HS season would make a bigger impact in recruiting and rankings then what happens in AAU. After seeing Wesley basically have one of the best seasons a HS kid has had in this state in a while and he continue to drop I find it hard to believe these scouts that do the rankings really put much stock into the HS season outside kids playing at prep schools and the level of visits these kids get from elite coaching staffs. I suppose if Wesley was getting visits from Cal or Coach K he would shoot up...guess Archie just drags his rating down lol.

My guess is the services see these kids 4 times at the biggest AAU events in the summer. no way they could see every kid during the year. thats why they are all BS.

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

I hope you aren't referencing me...because that ain't what I said.  I said I put more stock in what kid does in Indiana HS ball than what I do the AAU circuit.  That is my personal opinion/belief.  What Blake does in a match-up against Culver Academy holds weight with me.  I am not a recruiter nor do I rank players.

53 minutes ago, rico said:

I hope you aren't referencing me...because that ain't what I said.  I said I put more stock in what kid does in Indiana HS ball than what I do the AAU circuit.  That is my personal opinion/belief.  What Blake does in a match-up against Culver Academy holds weight with me.  I am not a recruiter nor do I rank players.

I don't remember...I don't keep up with stuff that much. It has been an argument I've heard over the years not specifically just here either. There is a lot you can tell from HS play for many of our kids playing at the highest level of Indiana basketball. Now some of the smaller schools it's hard to really say how much you can garner from the kid when he is playing against mostly inferior competition compared to what he does against similar talent level when playing AAU. I totally get you! I don't think it was you I am quoting because the conversation was more which holds more weight with recruiters and getting attention by schools. Given the playing field isn't level in HS...kids rarely face other D1 talent (although I would say some of our 3A/4A get tested pretty good), good players aren't playing with other good players to maximize their skill sets, and another big part is often times opponents play exotic defenses or double team every play to take the ball out of their hands in HS as opposed to on the circuit you get a better measure against ones peers when you get to judge athleticism, strength, speed, etc. So I was saying the AAU circuit will be where a kid can make the most difference in his recruitment. I get your point though Rico. I still think a lot can be evaluated from their HS play...but it depends on the kid and the situation more than anything.

4 hours ago, rico said:

I would not be surprised if Blake ends up at the prep school in LaPorte next year like Jaden Ivey did. Jaden’s story is a little different because his mom left the ND coaching staff and is now a coach with the Memphis Grizzlies, so he pretty much needed Laporte Lalamiere(sp), or he would have been playing HS ball in Tennessee.  Sidenote...I’m seeing some pretty awful high school reffing going on in games, and they make it almost unwatchable.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, hoosierfan34 said:

IU definitely has some ground to make up. 

But do they..they been on this kid for awhile...it seemed when rumors of D. Anderson transferring things got quite with Wesley,now if it being said that Anderson is 100% committed things are starting back up with him..coincident I think not

26 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

But do they..they been on this kid for awhile...it seemed when rumors of D. Anderson transferring things got quite with Wesley,now if it being said that Anderson is 100% committed things are starting back up with him..coincident I think not

It’s not over, obviously. But they do have ground to make up. That’s not a guess. 

Archived