Blake Wesley

milehiiu

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

If reading this correctly.....that means if we get Wesley....does that mean we would only get 1 of TK or AM or Patterson?

I doubt if Wesley would affect TK or Patterson. I do think it’s Wesley or AM. I wouldn’t worry about scholarship numbers a lot of things can happen between now and then.

36 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I doubt if Wesley would affect TK or Patterson. I do think it’s Wesley or AM. I wouldn’t worry about scholarship numbers a lot of things can happen between now and then.

Never once worried about scholarship numbers in my life. Some do I guess. 

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

I think with Wesley and Aminu you’d have to throw Longino in there too. He seemed pretty interested after the offer.

49 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I think with Wesley and Aminu you’d have to throw Longino in there too. He seemed pretty interested after the offer.

I don’t. Longino is a shooter. He is different than the other two. The other two are scorers. I think they are complimenting skill sets between Longino and the other two.

9 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’d love to land Wesley.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the oversign is used in the ‘21 class to take 3 instead of 2 and I’m assuming we’ll continue to recruit Harrison Ingram down to the wire.

Purdue has a fish bowl of its own. It's just upstairs at Harry's so the family probably isn't too concerned about it.

9 hours ago, gnet550 said:

Agree to disagree...I see three guys who all play the 2...maybe not the same way, but typically don’t need up with two top 75 guys at the same position

They are wings. Some have AM as more of a 3. He and Longino could fit together well imo. Wesley is more of an overlap in skill. That said I still don’t think IU is a serious contender for Wesley. Taking to guys at a similar position isn’t out of the realm of possibility. IU did it in the 2020 class. Yes they were friends but still.

18 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Wesley can go and get a shot on his own.  That’s a skill set I see Archie pursuing.  Our wings could be on the verge of radically changing, to the point they will bear no resemblance to what we’ve heretofore seen under Archie.

Trust me I’m all for combining any combination of the three. Wesley and Aminu, Aminu and longino, Wesley and Longino...any sounds good

2 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

I’ve been able to watch several of his games. He is a stud. I’ve been high on him from the beginning. Would love to see him in candy stripes, but I have always had a feeling he’d stay home and go to ND. He would flourish there under Brey. If we somehow land him................look out. 

I would love for him to come to IU..but if indeed he does stay home and play at ND i really couldn't argue with that.

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

They are wings. Some have AM as more of a 3. He and Longino could fit together well imo. Wesley is more of an overlap in skill. That said I still don’t think IU is a serious contender for Wesley. Taking to guys at a similar position isn’t out of the realm of possibility. IU did it in the 2020 class. Yes they were friends but still.

I think sometimes when we have these conversations we focus it too much on what IU would take, and not enough on what would make sense for the players. Yes, Archie would probably take all three, but if you're one of them and the other two have committed, why would still entertain IU? It wouldn't make much sense.

Say you're Wesley, and Aminu and Longino have committed, you're not going to a school that has Franklin, Leal, Galloway, Hunter, Geronimo, Aminu and Longino. That's seven guys that play the wing, and we didn't even get into Lander and Phinisee playing together at times (meaning one of them would be in a wing spot) and if Damezi Anderson is still on the roster. 

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

I think sometimes when we have these conversations we focus it too much on what IU would take, and not enough on what would make sense for the players. Yes, Archie would probably take all three, but if you're one of them and the other two have committed, why would still entertain IU? It wouldn't make much sense.

Say you're Wesley, and Aminu and Longino have committed, you're not going to a school that has Franklin, Leal, Galloway, Hunter, Geronimo, Aminu and Longino. That's seven guys that play the wing, and we didn't even get into Lander and Phinisee playing together at times (meaning one of them would be in a wing spot) and if Damezi Anderson is still on the roster. 

There is zero chance that all 3 go to IU and zero chance Archie would take all 3. All I said was that Longino and Aminu fit together pretty well with their skill sets. I think they could easily take 2 of the 3 if their skills are complimentary.

8 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Wesley can go and get a shot on his own.  That’s a skill set I see Archie pursuing.  Our wings could be on the verge of radically changing, to the point they will bear no resemblance to what we’ve heretofore seen under Archie.

That would be a very good thing! No offense to our current and past Hoosier guards lol.

6 hours ago, BGleas said:

Yes I know someone said he never counts scholarships but at some point it is a literal numbers game. We also have a front court that will be getting very thin by 21. To me if Archie offers he will take them but again when others commit it just doesn’t make much sense either way to for remaining guys to follow. Lots of available playing time in high major NCAA basketball besides IU.

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

There is zero chance that all 3 go to IU and zero chance Archie would take all 3. All I said was that Longino and Aminu fit together pretty well with their skill sets. I think they could easily take 2 of the 3 if their skills are complimentary.

Sorry, my bad, didn't mean to indicate that you were saying that. I was just using your post as a jumping off point for my point. It just seems in general we always view these things from IU's standpoint when discussing how guys would fit, as opposed to from the kids point. Just a general point I was making based off this particular discussion. 

16 hours ago, BGleas said:

Sorry, my bad, didn't mean to indicate that you were saying that. I was just using your post as a jumping off point for my point. It just seems in general we always view these things from IU's standpoint when discussing how guys would fit, as opposed to from the kids point. Just a general point I was making based off this particular discussion. 

Agreed. So many variables go into the decision. Relationship to coach and staff a main one. Playing time another. Educational concerns...teammates and probably most importantly style and type of play. Doesn’t matter if you can play right away if the offense doesn’t fit your style of play or you don’t trust a coaches word to make you better and find your way to the floor. I’m sure all these kids have interest they wouldn’t have been offered if we didn’t feel we had a reciprocal appreciation but they all have multiple layers to their decision and when dominos start falling...it just makes those decisions more complicated by adding new variables to the equation. Nothing happens in a vacuum.

5 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Hey, Uhh Blake? Just Sayin....

Behind the scenes with the Turgeonites - The Washington Post

Wow...that’s from 8 years ago lol...do you just have that article saved for any Maryland discussion because If not I’m impressed with your dedication to adding interesting information to this thread lol! Great work!

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Wow...that’s from 8 years ago lol...do you just have that article saved for any Maryland discussion because If not I’m impressed with your dedication to adding interesting information to this thread lol! Great work!

Thanks. Well after a month in lockdown my entertainment is either this or lighting farts. This is safer

• 2 weeks later...

Archived