Blake Wesley

milehiiu

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

The interview Mike just posted on The Daily Hoosier is not positive. Wesley is very honest - maybe too honest. I think it is highly unlikely we get Wesley and that is perfectly ok. Archie is doing a great job recruiting. Go check out the interview and support Mike’s site.  https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/watch-iu-basketball-class-of-2021-shooting-guard-target-blake-wesley-updates-recruitment/

Thanks for sharing.  What I got out of it is that he’s a very bright kid and he is more than going out of his way not to tip his hand.  There’s nothing wrong with that.  

Rabby was fishing for IU and Wesley knew it and played it coy.  Rabby was just doing his job.

I like his attitude and demeanor.  If I were a coach I’d be drawn to that.  I think he’s going to be a great get for somebody.  

2 hours ago, Go__Hoosiers said:

The interview Mike just posted on The Daily Hoosier is not positive. Wesley is very honest - maybe too honest. I think it is highly unlikely we get Wesley and that is perfectly ok. Archie is doing a great job recruiting. Go check out the interview and support Mike’s site.  https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/watch-iu-basketball-class-of-2021-shooting-guard-target-blake-wesley-updates-recruitment/

Thank you for sharing and for the support.

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Thanks for sharing.  What I got out of it is that he’s a very bright kid and he is more than going out of his way not to tip his hand.  There’s nothing wrong with that.  

Rabby was fishing for IU and Wesley knew it and played it coy.  Rabby was just doing his job.

I like his attitude and demeanor.  If I were a coach I’d be drawn to that.  I think he’s going to be a great get for somebody.  

I agree with your take.  Blake is a smart kid from a very impressive family.  He knows this whole game and knows better than to tip his hand.  I am not saying IU is in the lead or anything, but I also don't think they are in a bad spot like this interview might suggest.

I had a nice talk with his dad today too.  I think IU is still firmly in the hunt here, on the top line with ND, Purdue and Louisville.

14 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I agree with your take.  Blake is a smart kid from a very impressive family.  He knows this whole game and knows better than to tip his hand.  I am not saying IU is in the lead or anything, but I also don't think they are in a bad spot like this interview might suggest.

I had a nice talk with his dad today too.  I think IU is still firmly in the hunt here, on the top line with ND, Purdue and Louisville.

I trust your insight here..it’s hard to read kids, especially in interviews. He doesn’t sound overly positive about IU, sounds like Purdue is pushing for a commitment, and he wants to take some out of state visits. 

That being said it could be taken out of context too. I have to wonder if Damezi leaving hurts again here. I believe though the thought was IU tried to get Damezi to stay, I could be wrong. (There was one other time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken...)

2 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Wonder who he was referring to when he made the comments about being taken out if you make one mistake ...I would say ND is sitting good...with Texas being the most likely out of state school 

Well. Didn’t Damezi say that almost verbatim?

Damezi also missed his last 18 shots...

Archived