Blake Wesley

milehiiu

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

From the interview, and interview only, sounds like he wants the keys to the offense and the ball in his hand.  

What these players doesn't realize is that you don't have to have the ball in your hands to be a great player.  How often did Alford or Cheaney have the ball but they are two of the top scorers in big ten history.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What these players doesn't realize is that you don't have to have the ball in your hands to be a great player.  How often did Alford or Cheaney have the ball but they are two of the top scorers in big ten history.

Agree, and that is the basketball I like. However; athletic talented kids, like to run and it is no longer 4 to score.  Just the way it is.  2 passes and attack.  

22 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Agree, and that is the basketball I like. However; athletic talented kids, like to run and it is no longer 4 to score.  Just the way it is.  2 passes and attack.  

Right now I am watching the 81 tournament game against Maryland which to me is probably best played game I have ever seen from an IU team.  IT had the ball quite a bit but they still moved the ball with the pass and not the dribble.  They spread the scoring out and had a scoring threat from every position.

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Right now I am watching the 81 tournament game against Maryland which to me is probably best played game I have ever seen from an IU team.  IT had the ball quite a bit but they still moved the ball with the pass and not the dribble.  They spread the scoring out and had a scoring threat from every position.

Another thing about watching this game is how different coaches subbed back then.  RMK did not make his first sub until there was 1 minute left in the first half.  4 starters played all 20 minutes while the other one played 19 minutes/

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Another thing about watching this game is how different coaches subbed back then.  RMK did not make his first sub until there was 1 minute left in the first half.  4 starters played all 20 minutes while the other one played 19 minutes/

Just finished watching the game and the announcers one being Don Criqui stated that the first half that IU played was the best half of basketball he ever saw from a college team.  I would say that is best offensive game I seen from an IU team they were so precise in the half court and never saw an IU team run the break so well.  For the people who never saw this game I would recommend you to watch it because that is how a team should run an offense.  If you want to see what an offense should look like then go watch that game.

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Getting back to present day, I would highly doubt that CAM would ever cave to the selfish desires of some 18 year old. If he did, God forbid, then we have the wrong guy at the helm. 

I know that this is supposed to be the age of the “empowered athlete “ but this is ridiculous.

If Wesley wants to run the show and have a coach change his style of offense I would pass

13 hours ago, rico said:

Is Butler recruiting Blake hard?

7 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Yes they are and he’s good friends with Jayden Taylor who’s committed to Butler.

This stuff about pace of play...Butler is almost even worse than Purdue and ND

Butler 343, 274 past two years...?? Where is he getting this stuff about us playing slow?

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

This stuff about pace of play...Butler is almost even worse than Purdue and ND

Butler 343, 274 past two years...?? Where is he getting this stuff about us playing slow?

It seems like the teams he talked about all play a slower pace

• 3 weeks later...

Podcast produced by the Indy Heat here if you are interested.  He doesn't say much that is different than what he said in the video interview a few weeks ago except for one cringe worthy comment about who he models his game after.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-listen-to-2021-guard-target-blake-wesley-on-see-you-on-the-court-podcast/

6 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Podcast produced by the Indy Heat here if you are interested.  He doesn't say much that is different than what he said in the video interview a few weeks ago except for one cringe worthy comment about who he models his game after.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-listen-to-2021-guard-target-blake-wesley-on-see-you-on-the-court-podcast/

LOL...I don't want to listen. Lazy, I guess.  Who does Blake model his game after...Justin Smith?

On 6/22/2020 at 5:46 PM, IU Scott said:
On 6/22/2020 at 5:40 PM, dgambill said:

It seems like the teams he talked about all play a slower pace

Yeah, good observation. I’ve noticed Louisville’s O is often regarded as a much faster pace than what it really is. 

I do think there is real value in player at a quicker pace, both from a winning and recruiting perspective. Archie has been preaching a faster paced offense since he joined, and hopefully this is the year where we see that realized..  

Archived