Blake Wesley

milehiiu

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve heard Texas was intriguing but I’m not sure he ever got to take an official there. Seems kids like Smart and his style but getting them to travel out there has been more difficult for the Midwest and east coast kids. Honestly anything west of Kansas is almost like another basketball world nowadays. They aren’t on til like 1 am and it’s a whole different brand of ball out there. Was OSU involved too?? I thought I heard that at some point. I would think they would make a heavy push.

• 3 weeks later...

The two guard that I want the most in the next couple of classes--and its not even close for me--is Isaac McNeely who is a year behind Blake.  However we jigger it to make it work with McNeely would be my priority.  His recruitment looks to be hotly contested but he's out of central casting for an IU shooting guard.

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The two guard that I want the most in the next couple of classes--and its not even close for me--is Isaac McNeely who is a year behind Blake.  However we jigger it to make it work with McNeely would be my priority.  His recruitment looks to be hotly contested but he's out of central casting for an IU shooting guard.

I think Aminu fits best. Likely one or two and done kid that buys us some time until Trey, Anthony, and yes McNeely would be ready to carry us. Just think we need that guy that can get his own shot. A go to stud when offense breaks down.

22 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Yes  Aminu, as the guy who can go and get a bucket, would help us a lot.  We have been challenged just figuring out how to score so that’s appealing. I also like his rebounding and toughness for his position.  He could come and then be followed by McNeely.  No, I’m not greedy.

Alongside Trey and Anthony and Armaan that is a hard nosed team If I’ve ever seen one.

So much conflicting information with regards to IU during his whole recruitment. That tells me he and the family are keeping it tight so people are making guesses based off of parsing words to read between the lines, trying to interpret body language, etc and passing those guesses off as insight or information.  Just look at one of the tweets posted above of an example.

TDH does a good job of just reporting what is said without reading too much in to it.

It is possible that he says one thing publicly to reporters and something completely different privately, but I don't get that feeling here. Usually when that happens, there are a lot more people reporting the private stuff than is the case here.

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Here is the latest with Blake after catching up with him and his Dad recently.  

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2021-in-state-guard-blake-wesley-nearing-a-decision-weekend-highlights/

Great "Stuff", Mike. I am sure all of Hoosier Sports Nation appreciated what you constantly bring to our board.  Don't ever stop.

Archived