Blake Wesley

milehiiu

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

That has never been the case.  It has just been misreported as being the case.

I think it also stems from misinterpreting his comments and attributing negativity toward IU when he never actually attached his comments to IU.  It was a false extrapolation.  We will see if IU is in his final group.  

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I think it also stems from misinterpreting his comments and attributing negativity toward IU when he never actually attached his comments to IU.  It was a false extrapolation.  We will see if IU is in his final group.  

I think we are in final group i would be pleasantly floored if he chooses IU

Wasn’t sure where to put this but I figured it seems that Blake is the next most “imminent” commitment. (Though not necessarily us for sure) But I think things are going to accelerate hopefully for some of the guys we are waiting on. There have been a bunch of prospects committing with all of the unknowns. This is just my opinion but I’m seeing several guys commit or planning to do so soon.

8 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Wasn’t sure where to put this but I figured it seems that Blake is the next most “imminent” commitment. (Though not necessarily ya for sure) But I think things are going to accelerate hopefully for some of the guys we are waiting on. There have been a bunch of prospects committing with all of the unknowns. This is just my opinion but I’m seeing several guys commit or planning to do so soon.

Saw the top pg in the country from Memphis committed to Tennessee.  He is the 13th ranked recruit and picked UT over UK, Memphis, UNC and Memphis.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Saw the top pg in the country from Memphis committed to Tennessee.  He is the 13th ranked recruit and picked UT over UK, Memphis, UNC and Memphis.

Man Memphis recruiting really falling off from last year when you have a kid list you double on his final list and still doesn’t commit 😝

One thing I hate about not having an NCAA tournament last year is it really just reinforces in a kids mind that staying in school or trying to play for a NC isn’t important. Kids are going to go a year maybe two without a champion...well it just kind of makes the goal of getting to the NBA more of the priority. I know it has mattered less and less to these borderline talents but the less important you make the NCAA the more it will just be seen as a stepping stone for these kids instead of a goal.

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

One thing I hate about not having an NCAA tournament last year is it really just reinforces in a kids mind that staying in school or trying to play for a NC isn’t important. Kids are going to go a year maybe two without a champion...well it just kind of makes the goal of getting to the NBA more of the priority. I know it has mattered less and less to these borderline talents but the less important you make the NCAA the more it will just be seen as a stepping stone for these kids instead of a goal.

The immediate impact of Covid  is that a number of kids are returning to school rather than staying in the draft. How this plays out over time imo remains to be seen 

3 hours ago, IU4Ever said:

There's a dumpster fire of some sorts at that school.  4th coach in 4 years.

Johnson had his issues for sure as you can see here(also, yes the woman you hear about is Blake’s mom)     https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjwxrieoajrAhXDWc0KHV1kDzkQFjAAegQIBRAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.southbendtribune.com%2Fnews%2Feducation%2Fson-of-school-board-member-sues-south-bend-schools-former-riley-high-basketball-coach%2Farticle_f1129160-a716-5f44-86d0-5b5f3039c074.html&usg=AOvVaw1_e07knjcbgkdiIJRSzXLn      As for Eric Brand, he stepped in to coach that team w/Damezi because he knew they were loaded, and all he had to do was let them play and not gel in the way, which is what he did...not much coaching went on there for sure. 

15 hours ago, Milosh68 said:

Johnson had his issues for sure as you can see here(also, yes the woman you hear about is Blake’s mom)     https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjwxrieoajrAhXDWc0KHV1kDzkQFjAAegQIBRAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.southbendtribune.com%2Fnews%2Feducation%2Fson-of-school-board-member-sues-south-bend-schools-former-riley-high-basketball-coach%2Farticle_f1129160-a716-5f44-86d0-5b5f3039c074.html&usg=AOvVaw1_e07knjcbgkdiIJRSzXLn      As for Eric Brand, he stepped in to coach that team w/Damezi because he knew they were loaded, and all he had to do was let them play and not gel in the way, which is what he did...not much coaching went on there for sure. 

Yep and then Brand moved on the get the Southport job were he got suspended last year for recruiting lol. 

34 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Yep and then Brand moved on the get the Southport job were he got suspended last year for recruiting lol. 

little off topic but we played Southport in 2018 Forum Tipoff classic at Southport. They didn't scout us, and we beat them on their home floor. Brand was apologizing to his AD in the hospitality room after the game. Total tool. 

Archived