Blake Wesley

milehiiu

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Top 12..🙄...i wouldn't even announce that...if hes at 12 at the end of August then there is noway hes ready by November...he must be heading to spring 

At this point can you really have 12 schools you are serious about.  I think at most you would have 2 or 3 that are real contenders, the rest is just for show and attention.

2 hours ago, bryan200088 said:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I wouldn't want Wesley even if he wanted to commit....seems to want attention/seems a bit dramatic and doesn't have a good jumpshot.  Sounds eerily familiar to past experiences.....pass.  Would love Mohammed though.

I know nothing about his jump shot, but a top 12 list after a decommit just screams attention whore.  I'll join you in the minority...at this point, there are other players I'd rather have.

EDIT:  Wrong recruit.  thought I was in the thread for the Louisville decommit Hopkins.

(I still think these top-whatever lists are getting silly and out of hand.  Cut it down to 3-5 and I'll start paying attention.)

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I know nothing about his jump shot, but a top 12 list after a decommit just screams attention whore.  I'll join you in the minority...at this point, there are other players I'd rather have.

I wasn't aware he committed anywhere and then decommitted...Is that the case?

2 hours ago, bryan200088 said:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I wouldn't want Wesley even if he wanted to commit....seems to want attention/seems a bit dramatic and doesn't have a good jumpshot.  Sounds eerily familiar to past experiences.....pass.  Would love Mohammed though.

I don’t know him well enough to comment, but I can see your perspective.  Some data points are piling up.  His parents’ drama with the school board and the coach, he doesn’t want to be coached hard and wants to keep playing even if he’s making mistakes, his demands for the offense, etc.  I’ve liked his frame, length, skill set, potential to play both ways, etc.   But, more importantly, we need the right kind of attitudes and temperament.  I wonder how Coach Hunter sees him?  I can’t pass judgement myself but I see your point. 

46 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

EDIT:  Wrong recruit.  thought I was in the thread for the Louisville decommit Hopkins.

(I still think these top-whatever lists are getting silly and out of hand.  Cut it down to 3-5 and I'll start paying attention.)

61AC459A-210A-46F9-8FBF-8466F9D3E695.gif.ccacaf51ce9587c28cb9e5c41657fe8f.gif

10 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I don’t know him well enough to comment, but I can see your perspective.  Some data points are piling up.  His parents’ drama with the school board and the coach, he doesn’t want to be coached hard and wants to keep playing even if he’s making mistakes, his demands for the offense, etc.  I’ve liked his frame, length, skill set, potential to play both ways, etc.   But, more importantly, we need the right kind of attitudes and temperament.  I wonder how Coach Hunter sees him?  I can’t pass judgement myself but I see your point. 

Don't like some of the attitude like criticizing the offense or announcing your top 12 schools.  I will trust Archie if he thinks Wesley is a fit for IU.

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Don't like some of the attitude like criticizing the offense or announcing your top 12 schools.  I will trust Archie if he thinks Wesley is a fit for IU.

We are so quick to turn on a kid over hearsay and such petty things like top 10 announcements. We can be our own worst enemy sometimes. I’ll trust Archie...he hasn’t brought in anything but high character kids. 

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

We are so quick to turn on a kid over hearsay and such petty things like top 10 announcements. We can be our own worst enemy sometimes. I’ll trust Archie...he hasn’t brought in anything but high character kids. 

Didn't I say I trust Archie

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Not trying to be argumentative but it wasn’t hearsay like someone heard that he had said it. He flat out said it publicly in at least one interview. I agree obviously we should trust Archie, just imo I wouldn’t take him.

56 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

Not trying to be argumentative but it wasn’t hearsay like someone heard that he had said it. He flat out said it publicly in at least one interview. I agree obviously we should trust Archie, just imo I wouldn’t take him.

Sorry hearsay was the wrong word. I guess I think people read a lot into what a young man is saying and when we don’t truly know what his intentions are or what he means by the comments I would leave for someone closer to the situation to access. I think we just read too much into things.

For example the kid says he doesn’t want a coach to take him out if he makes a mistake. One way you can take that is he just wants to be held unaccountable and be free to do what he wants but perhaps he means I want a coach that allows guys to play through mistakes if they are playing hard and giving effort and don’t just have a quick leash because young players learn best by playing sometimes instead of sitting. Two ways to look at it and a more detailed conversation that coaches have with kids would allow them to understand what he means....so perception might not be reality.

Archived