Blake Wesley

milehiiu

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

Yes. Ed Schilling am assistant there now

"To join Coach Drew at GCU is a tremendous opportunity," Schilling said. "His experience in playing and coaching in the NCAA tournament is fantastic. But even more exciting to me is the character that he possesses. His ability to relate to his players and sincerely care about them is second to none.”

Apparently, his statement leads me to believe that he felt the complete opposite of Coach Miller...Oh well, I hear the Grand Canyon is a good tourist attraction....🥱🤠

BFBA3492-BF62-4A1D-AEBD-333571258F95.png

6 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

"To join Coach Drew at GCU is a tremendous opportunity," Schilling said. "His experience in playing and coaching in the NCAA tournament is fantastic. But even more exciting to me is the character that he possesses. His ability to relate to his players and sincerely care about them is second to none.”

Apparently, his statement leads me to believe that he felt the complete opposite of Coach Miller...Oh well, I hear the Grand Canyon is a good tourist attraction....🥱🤠

BFBA3492-BF62-4A1D-AEBD-333571258F95.png

Don't understand firing Dan Majerle to hire Bryce Drew. Majerle fired after one losing season in seven. Replaced by a guy who's on a 20 game losing streak. Both are career 60% winning %. Don't see the upgrade.

Odd thing about GCU. It's in Phoenix, 3 plus hours from the Grand Canyon. Equivalent to the Univ. of Pittsburgh being named Niagara Falls U.

29 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Don't understand firing Dan Majerle to hire Bryce Drew. Majerle fired after one losing season in seven. Replaced by a guy who's on a 20 game losing streak. Both are career 60% winning %. Don't see the upgrade.

Odd thing about GCU. It's in Phoenix, 3 plus hours from the Grand Canyon. Equivalent to the Univ. of Pittsburgh being named Niagara Falls U.

We're the grand canyon state so they felt it applies to anywhere in the state.🙄😁 It was originally started in Prescott which is much closer to the canyon.

Listening to Indiana Sports beat and they are talking to a guy from Indiana prep hoops and he thinks Wesley top 3 is ND, PU and Maryland.  He said IU is in the mix for him but I has not been involved that much lately.  I don't who this guy is and how much he really knows so take it for what it's worth.

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Agreed about Majerle. He is a guy that won’t abandon you as well if they have the success they were looking for...well maybe to coach the Suns or something but he has a great life there and wouldn’t jump to go to say Oklahoma or something like Drew will be looking to do. 

GCU is like one of the fastest growing major universities in the country. It is trying to grow it’s athletics to match the national attention they want for the academic side. They are willing to spend big money to increase the schools exposure and at the rate they are going to keep at it until they are in say they B1G 12/PAC 10. It’s really amazing how fast they have grown and the university they have established there.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Agreed about Majerle. He is a guy that won’t abandon you as well if they have the success they were looking for...well maybe to coach the Suns or something but he has a great life there and wouldn’t jump to go to say Oklahoma or something like Drew will be looking to do. 

GCU is like one of the fastest growing major universities in the country. It is trying to grow it’s athletics to match the national attention they want for the academic side. They are willing to spend big money to increase the schools exposure and at the rate they are going to keep at it until they are in say they B1G 12/PAC 10. It’s really amazing how fast they have grown and the university they have established there.

I know Colangelo has been a big time Sugar Daddy for them. Not at a Phil Knight level, but still big time for a program like GCU. I’d love to see Cuban make the same level of commitment to IU, but he’s still relatively young, so maybe someday. 

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I know Colangelo has been a big time Sugar Daddy for them. Not at a Phil Knight level, but still big time for a program like GCU. I’d love to see Cuban make the same level of commitment to IU, but he’s still relatively young, so maybe someday. 

Maybe the university should pursue it more...hard to know how much they want his attention with the basketball program. Sometimes I almost think the University academia was jealous of the notariety the ball program got and have purposely tried to wrestle back the attention by how things are run.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Maybe the university should pursue it more...hard to know how much they want his attention with the basketball program. Sometimes I almost think the University academia was jealous of the notariety the ball program got and have purposely tried to wrestle back the attention by how things are run.

I think with how Cuban hates the NCAA might be a problem for him doing more for the program.  He did donate money for the media center

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Maybe true, but Cuban doesn’t seem like he’d care. Sort of like Boone Pickens giving so much to OK St. Big personalities will do what they want. 

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

They got a lot of my money. That’s where I did my masters program for special ed

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

I know GCU spends a lot on advertising. Their ads are all over the place in Phoenix.

Archived