Blake Wesley

milehiiu

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably because they don't want to have to deal with this type of nonsense. They become Nojel Eastern's mom 2.0. Feel bad for the kid just trying to play some ball.

https://www.southbendtribune.com/news/education/son-of-school-board-member-sues-south-bend-schools-former-riley-high-basketball-coach/article_f1129160-a716-5f44-86d0-5b5f3039c074.html#:~:text=Derrick Wesley Jr.,and later member Leslie Wesley.

8 hours ago, madtownhoosier said:

I would really like to know why both IU and Purdue have stopped recruiting this kid.

He was interviewed awhile back and had some less than flattering things to say about IU. Not sure if he understood the consequences of that in real time, but it made some programs back off. 

9 hours ago, Indytime said:

Probably because they don't want to have to deal with this type of nonsense. They become Nojel Eastern's mom 2.0. Feel bad for the kid just trying to play some ball.

https://www.southbendtribune.com/news/education/son-of-school-board-member-sues-south-bend-schools-former-riley-high-basketball-coach/article_f1129160-a716-5f44-86d0-5b5f3039c074.html#:~:text=Derrick Wesley Jr.,and later member Leslie Wesley.

Wow!! Can only imagine if Blake didn’t get the time he wanted at IU. I think through it all despite a talented player it has looked like he has been more interested in how the team he goes to can benefit him more so than what he can add to the team. While I understand that a handful of kids fall into the category of OAD and NBA bound and look for situations that will best promote their chances to go to the NBA most kids fall into the bucket of looking for a mutually beneficial system that will allow them to play well and help the team. I think his recruitment has been more one sided. How can IU benefit me. How can the offense be shaped around me. That’s just an outside opinion. I think as coaches and staff learn more about a very talented kid they see how many commitments they have to give to him and his family and they become concerned. What we have building here I don’t doubt his basketball ability fitting in but there is a lot more to fitting the culture. Sad story to hear about the coach and family. Also the comment on the story seems maybe a family using some inflammatory methods to get their way.

This will sound like piling on, but yeah...some of his interview statements were real head-scratchers.  I don't blame the staff at all for moving on.  After reading about mommy, the interview statements make more sense.  Talent is only one part of the equation and if things keep trending, he may struggle to come up with 6 choices by the 30th.

3ba13a45a0b1c09027302d90a7e374ba.jpg.4412d7d94245760ed3bcb5ccf083f11f.jpg

12 hours ago, Indytime said:

Monty Python run away gif | Monty python, British comedy, Running away

16 hours ago, Indytime said:

Wow, just wow. Why would any coach recruit that headache.

Brunk, TJD, Kaufman, Leal, Galloway, Lander, Franklin, Phinesse (sp?) etc.....clear character guys from Indiana.

This mess? Nah!

Protect the culture, please!

38 minutes ago, madtownhoosier said:

I remember the interview, but if I recall, it seems we were still recruiting him for a long time after that interview.  So I dont think that is the issue.  Now, the other deal with the newspaper article makes more sense to me as to why we stopped recruiting him.

I believe you're correct, but I'd add that anyone can say something off the cuff that comes out wrong.  Nothing wrong with giving a kid a chance to clarify or redeem himself.   I'd just about bet that our staff read some of those statements and said hmmmmm...

Further interaction may have reinforced concerns and led them to break off.  I'd be surprised if some of what he said wasn't a concern for the staff.

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I believe you're correct, but I'd add that anyone can say something off the cuff that comes out wrong.  Nothing wrong with giving a kid a chance to clarify or redeem himself.   I'd just about bet that our staff read some of those statements and said hmmmmm...

Further interaction may have reinforced concerns and led them to break off.  I'd be surprised if some of what he said wasn't a concern for the staff.

At the very least what he said had to tip off the staff to what he really thinks of IU. 

On 10/17/2020 at 12:28 AM, Indytime said:

IMO, this lady is worse than Eastern's mom in that she actually has power to manipulate behind the scene...if said allegation was true. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived