Blake Wesley

milehiiu

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Milosh68 said:

That’s a different Andre Owens. This Andre was a Hoosier all all star and graduated from Riley in 91’  that Riley team was all freshman getting their Asses spanked by Shawn Kemp and Concord back in 88’ 

the Andre Owens out of Indy has no connection.

Good to know. I didn’t remember this one thanks 

Just now, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It was an official visit. Travel is always covered by the school on official visits. Coming from South Bend, it probably made more sense to have a driver than fly.

Thanks. I knew the expense was covered. Just don't remember many drivers to and from before. 

2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It was an official visit. Travel is always covered by the school on official visits. Coming from South Bend, it probably made more sense to have a driver than fly.

That was nice of the University. I figured they would just reimburse gas/mileage for him. Archie I think runs a tight ship with recruitment. Top class imo.

15 hours ago, dgambill said:

My worries are we have Hunter, Damezi, Leal, Galloway, Geronimo, and Franklin all in the similar wing positions. Will he want to battle it out? If yes I’d love it but the kid has to know minutes won’t be guaranteed.

A lot can change by then.  Such as someone blowing up and going early.  Injuries.  Transfers.  Someone playing more a 4 role or someone playing as more of a shooting guard role.  Even Wesleys dad talked about being able to play multiple positions.  Watching this kids video, as a freshman, with continued improvement he could be very hard to keep of the floor.  Looks like a ton of potential.  I honestly project him to settle in as a more traditional shooting guard role.  

11 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Sign me up. I hope to see him in action this fall. Do you play against them

I’ll do my best to go to a few games and take some video. The last time i saw him play was when he was a freshman(Dameezi’s senior year)and he was splitting time between the JV and varsity. Everyone pretty much knew then that he was gonna be a good one. He just couldn’t find any varsity minutes because of the loaded junior and senior class that year. I will say this however, he does have that silky smooth type of game, and with two years to continue growing and improving, his ceiling is high.

Archived