Blake Wesley

milehiiu

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Trying to figure out these 2021 pieces. Aminu, TK, Patterson....couple other less profile guys. Thought it was essentially going to have 2 of those fill up the class. I guess if we're still in it. We're still in it. 

As we saw with the Keion Brooks situation, the more irons in the fire the better... Not gonna be able to get them all.  Seems like things are shaping up well for this class.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

Could be right, but that's what everyone was saying about Duncomb in the days before he committed.  

Maybe. All I ever read was that it “might” be tough to beat out OSU and Xavier since he’d never been on an official visit. It’s ok sometimes if even beat writers don’t have the scoop before it’s gone public. That happens. But I know some found out at least a day or so ago before he committed. Detailed scouting report articles and quotes from his HS coach were posted literally hours before he committed. Those articles were posted for a reason. 

2 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Confident in my original belief: this won’t happen. A few reasons for it. Oh well. 

I’ve been of the belief he’d stay home and go to ND. I’ve felt like this was a long shot for a while but it’s obvious Archie and company aren’t giving up just yet.

3 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Confident in my original belief: this won’t happen. A few reasons for it. Oh well. 

Ok, so if you are wrong about this, do you think people will get as upset as they do when "all signs point to yes" and it turns out to be a "no"? 🤔😂

4 hours ago, CoachSS said:

I think you are onto something. Though IU continues the chase.  I heard a while back that IU is in the back of the pack. With at least four other schools ahead of IU.

33 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

I would still say this won't happen but I'd now word it as "it probably won't happen." 

Hopefully next week or the week after it can be "never know in recruiting." It seems this, like Kaufman, could be another instance where the local options end up being the ONLY options. Curious how ND & IU are spinning Purdue's scholarship situation. Maybe it hasn't come up, maybe it has. IDK. Wesley has more upside than probably any guard on the in-state rosters (sans Lander? Geronimo if you call him a "guard"?). But, Purdue isn't short on options whereas ND has the academics to appease his mother and offers the playing time from day one he is probably craving/ expecting based on his ability. 

I’d love to land Wesley.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the oversign is used in the ‘21 class to take 3 instead of 2 and I’m assuming we’ll continue to recruit Harrison Ingram down to the wire.

1 hour ago, CoachSS said:

I would still say this won't happen but I'd now word it as "it probably won't happen." 

Hopefully next week or the week after it can be "never know in recruiting." It seems this, like Kaufman, could be another instance where the local options end up being the ONLY options. Curious how ND & IU are spinning Purdue's scholarship situation. Maybe it hasn't come up, maybe it has. IDK. Wesley has more upside than probably any guard on the in-state rosters (sans Lander? Geronimo if you call him a "guard"?). But, Purdue isn't short on options whereas ND has the academics to appease his mother and offers the playing time from day one he is probably craving/ expecting based on his ability. 

Ignoring rankings, do you like Wesley better than Mohammed and Longino?

1 hour ago, Go__Hoosiers said:

Thanks To Mike from The Daily Hoosier for breaking this news a week ago. Mike doesn’t get nearly enough credit.

That is one hell of a first post if I do say so myself!  Thank you.

I'm not quite sure how the people that were telling everyone that we were out of the picture on Wesley got to tell the story of how we are now trending favorably (after they read my tweet), but hey, that's how it goes sometimes.  It's nice to see someone recognize where this news started.

2 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I'm not quite sure how the people that were telling everyone that we were out of the picture on Wesley got to tell the story of how we are now trending favorably (after they read my tweet), but hey, that's how it goes sometimes.  It's nice to see someone recognize where this news started.

You sir have become my favorite follow on Twitter.

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

If reading this correctly.....that means if we get Wesley....does that mean we would only get 1 of TK or AM or Patterson?

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If reading this correctly.....that means if we get Wesley....does that mean we would only get 1 of TK or AM or Patterson?

If we were to get Wesley, I don't see how we could take AM as well.  Would seemingly need to go Big with that last scholly.  

5 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

You bet Mike. I usually lurk - but was shaking my head at these “breaking news: IU is still involved with Blake Wesley” experts.

Mike - can you weigh in on IU’s chances here?

1 hour ago, Go__Hoosiers said:

You bet Mike. I usually lurk - but was shaking my head at these “breaking news: IU is still involved with Blake Wesley” experts.

Mike - can you weigh in on IU’s chances here?

I think they have as good of a chance as anyone right now but I don't think there is a clear leader.  IU, Purdue, ND, Louisville.

Archived