Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


milehiiu

Do you Tabasco ?

Recommended Posts

I do.  Love it on my scrambled eggs, in the morning.  And a few drops in a glass of V-8, along with a squeeze of lemon.   And a few other things. My son has a friend who used to be a bartender.  And though I don't care for bloody mary's.... his with the use of Tabasco and other things are to die for.

Here are over 100 recipes for Tabasco Sauce :

Search recipes - BBC Food

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'm more of a sriracha person

I love sriracha as well.  In fact one of my favorite sriracha dishes is one I found on line a few years back.  Honey sriracha crispy chicken wings.

Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings and the Secret to Crispy Baked Wings!

ZD, seeing as how you are a sriracha man.  Try this recipe.  Follow the measurements and ingredients. And I assure you. That not only will you fall in love with it, but that you will crave it from time to time. 

Here is the recipe :

Crispy Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings – Ladies and Gentlemen, We Have a Winner

 

Edited by milehiiu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Frank’s Buffalo Sauce for me

Oh.  Another winner.  Have a half dozen bottles stored right now.  That alone should tell you how much I love Frank's.  Seriously. If you love Frank's as much as I do. You must try the honey sriracha recipe, I posted above.  Guarantee you. You will not be disappointed.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I love sriracha as well.  In fact one of my favorite sriracha dishes is one I found on line a few years back.  Honey sriracha crispy chicken wings.

Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings and the Secret to Crispy Baked Wings!

ZD, seeing as how you are a sriracha man.  Try this recipe.  Follow the measurements and ingredients. And I assure you. That not only will you fall in love with it, but that you will crave it from time to time. 

Here is the recipe :

Crispy Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings – Ladies and Gentlemen, We Have a Winner

 

Another weird thing about me: not the biggest fan of chicken wings.  I love chicken.  I love hot sauce.  But I hate eating around all the bones for 2-3 bites.  I don't care if they're glorified chicken nuggets, "boneless" wings for me any day. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Another weird thing about me: not the biggest fan of chicken wings.  I love chicken.  I love hot sauce.  But I hate eating around all the bones for 2-3 bites.  I don't care if they're glorified chicken nuggets, "boneless" wings for me any day. 

Well.  I think you are missing out.  However.  All is not lost.  I have used this recipe on chicken as well.  I prefer the wings. But cutup chicken works.Oh, by the way, chicken nuggets are not my thing either.  We just had a Raising Cain's, which specializes in nuggets/fingers open up close to me.  People were raving. So I tried.  Did not float my boat.

 Raising Cane's | Chicken Fingers | Cane's Sauce

Edited by milehiiu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer Louisiana hot sauce. The one with the red dot. It's less vinegary and a richer pepper flavor. 

Or a good habanero sauce. Which I make a lot when my garden starts producing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I prefer Louisiana hot sauce. The one with the red dot. It's less vinegary and a richer pepper flavor. 

Or a good habanero sauce. Which I make a lot when my garden starts producing.

Fire roasted habaneros are awesome. Remove the ribs and seeds  after roasting and it mellows them just a touch. Still extremely hot, but a bit more of the flavor comes through.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Fire roasted habaneros are awesome. Remove the ribs and seeds  after roasting and it mellows them just a touch. Still extremely hot, but a bit more of the flavor comes through.

Planted some in my garden last week. 

Mr. Flynn.  Can't say I have ever tried Louisiana hot sauce.  Gonna see if I can buy some out here, and will try it based on your recommendation. 

One of my favorite You Tube channels is Hot Ones from First We Feast.  Here is season 9's line up : Sean Evans Reveals the Season 9 Hot Sauce Lineup | Hot Ones 

And here is a recent show, to give you an idea about the celebrities that come on Hot Ones :

 Halle Berry Refuses to Lose to Spicy Wings | Hot Ones

Gotta say.  Of all the celeb's that I have seen do the show.  Halle Berry was the best.  Second best.  Rachael Ray, who drank the sauces after downing the wing.  Not once did Halle go for the milk or water. Plus she cleaned the wings to the bone.  I have seen men with a reputation for being tough, just take a little bite, and then stop for a drink of milk. 

Edited by milehiiu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friend of mine, (he stood up in my wedding and I was part of his wedding party) took on the challenge one night of a Tabasco shot competition! Such foolish things we do in college! Needless to say after about 3 shots, we both realized we were numb to the heat and any further competition would only result in a very uncomfortable time in the bathroom and mutually agreed to call it a draw!😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Friend of mine, (he stood up in my wedding and I was part of his wedding party) took on the challenge one night of a Tabasco shot competition! Such foolish things we do in college! Needless to say after about 3 shots, we both realized we were numb to the heat and any further competition would only result in a very uncomfortable time in the bathroom and mutually agreed to call it a draw!😃

How big were the shots ?  Shot glass size ?  THAT.  Would be crazy. I am not sure if you had gone on, that it would have meant a trip to the bathroom, but rather a trip to the emergency room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

How big were the shots ?  Shot glass size ?  THAT.  Would be crazy. I am not sure if you had gone on, that it would have meant a trip to the bathroom, but rather a trip to the emergency room. 

Shot glasses, and yes it became quickly evident that we were headed to a bad place! We were after all good friends and realized we were better off stopping! 😃

Edited by Drroogh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

This is my favorite,keep it in stock at all times

20190610_185316.jpg

Zombie Cajun sounds ominous.  Jax. By any chance do you know the scoville level ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Zombie Cajun sounds ominous.  Jax. By any chance do you know the scoville level ? 

On the mild to hot range its a 3,its not a set your mouth on fire sauce, it has jalapeno and cayenne peppers as its main ingredients...i use it on a lot of foods just for a little bit...very good sauce, but its not a set your butt on fire sauce .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friend of mine and his wife grow organic peppers and make their own sauces. His 'story' and how he became known as Doc is unique as he is a professional of Orthotics! (Artificial Limbs)

If you're interested his web site is https://www.docshabaneroheaven.com/

This is in no way an endorsement, as after aging (and Tabasco shot competitions) I no longer go for much of anything hotter than Siracha and have not even tried any of their fare! Other than their hot bean casserole at church potlucks! Delicious! 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

On the mild to hot range its a 3,its not a set your mouth on fire sauce, it has jalapeno and cayenne peppers as its main ingredients...i use it on a lot of foods just for a little bit...very good sauce, but its not a set your butt on fire sauce .

Thanks.  The name was scary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Friend of mine and his wife grow organic peppers and make their own sauces. His 'story' and how he became known as Doc is unique as he is a professional of Orthotics! (Artificial Limbs)

If you're interested his web site is https://www.docshabaneroheaven.com/

This is in no way an endorsement, as after aging (and Tabasco shot competitions) I no longer go for much of anything hotter than Siracha and have not even tried any of their fare! Other than their hot bean casserole at church potlucks! Delicious! 😄

Thanks for the link to your friend's website.  Gonna have to check some of those out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks for the link to your friend's website.  Gonna have to check some of those out. 

Let me know what you think I may be tempted to venture into the Habanero and Ghost Pepper region again! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Let me know what you think I may be tempted to venture into the Habanero and Ghost Pepper region again! 

Habanero, goes from 150k to 350k on the scoville scale. So a yes for me. Ghost Pepper goes from 850K to over one million on the Scoville scale. So for me. a no.   LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Habanero, goes from 150k to 350k on the scoville scale. So a yes for me. Ghost Pepper goes from 850K to over one million on the Scoville scale. So for me. a no.   LOL

Totally agree! Used to put some Habanero's in my chili but, no way Ghost peppers!! They have some sauces with Ghost in them, but from what I know, most are more in line with the name of the website! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Totally agree! Used to put some Habanero's in my chili but, no way Ghost peppers!! They have some sauces with Ghost in them, but from what I know, most are more in line with the name of the website! 

The one with garlic is intriguing to me.  I love garlic. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

The one with garlic is intriguing to me.  I love garlic. 

If I was not going to be out of town this weekend, (going on vacation with the Grandkids and all) I would see if I could connect you two! Hope you find something delicious!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...