Do you Tabasco ?

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Ever tried oven roasted garlic heads?

https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/roasted_garlic/

Eat straight or make some mashed potatoes or really anything garlis goes with.

It's fantastic. In fact I have commented about roasted garlic in the grilling thread, on the Animal House.  Also, as I posted there. Great, spread on a grilled steak.

17 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I do.  Love it on my scrambled eggs, in the morning.  And a few drops in a glass of V-8, along with a squeeze of lemon.   And a few other things. My son has a friend who used to be a bartender.  And though I don't care for bloody mary's.... his with the use of Tabasco and other things are to die for.

Here are over 100 recipes for Tabasco Sauce :

Search recipes - BBC Food

Tabasco, Red Pepper Flakes, Jalapeno or Serrano peppers with pretty much every meal somehow. Read an article 20+ years ago about the correlation between hot peppers and lowering heart disease. Been at it ever since. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Tabasco, Red Pepper Flakes, Jalapeno or Serrano peppers with pretty much every meal somehow. Read an article 20+ years ago about the correlation between hot peppers and lowering heart disease. Been at it ever since. 

My family Dr. told me such 20 years ago.  A day without peppers is like a day without sunshine here at the ranch.

The old Cajun Cook, Justin Wilson use to say, "I'd put hot sauce on ice cream if they'd let me."

I prefer Trappey's Red Devil. Favorite use is on a breakfast consisting of a layer of hash browns, 2 buttermilk biscuits,  a ladle of sausage gravy, 2 over easy on top, then slathered with Trappey's.

My aorta twinges at the thought.

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The old Cajun Cook, Justin Wilson use to say, "I'd put hot sauce on ice cream if they'd let me."

I prefer Trappey's Red Devil. Favorite use is on a breakfast consisting of a layer of hash browns, 2 buttermilk biscuits,  a ladle of sausage gravy, 2 over easy on top, then slathered with Trappey's.

My aorta twinges at the thought.

A man after my own heart.  And you made me hungry.

15 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Police grade (aka weapons grade) pepper spray maxes out at about 4-5M SHU. The "Pepper X" supposedly is at 3.1M SHU, over twice as hot as a Carolina Reaper.

Thats right, someone figured out how to grow grenades from a plant.

I started reading about this stuff a few months ago. There are some hot peppers that aren’t as hot as Pepper X (still very hot though) that we’re developed by the same guy. 

People just make hot peppers hotter which is crazy to me. 

26 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I started reading about this stuff a few months ago. There are some hot peppers that aren’t as hot as Pepper X (still very hot though) that we’re developed by the same guy. 

People just make hot peppers hotter which is crazy to me. 

Yep, same guy who bred Pepper X bred the Carolina Reaper. Meaning he has at minimum, 2 of the top 5, if not 2 of the top 3. 

I tap out at standard orange habaneros/Scotch Bonnets (not the hybrid super-hot red ones).  At least those have some noticeable flavor (particularly when roasted, see above).  I've tried ghost pepper sauce and to me, it was just straight heat.  The only flavor I remember was the handful of Rolaids I crunched about 2 minutes after.  Anything above that to me is like skydiving and packing your own parachute: if you can handle it, more power to you, but hell naw for me. 

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Anybody ever try Dave's Insanity Sauce?

Yes...one drop on the tip of my tongue raced to the back of my throat, and I could still taste it 20 minutes later.  🤒

My son in law,  on the other hand, uses it like ketchup. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

New Jersey, New York City...same to me.  LOL  BTW, I have had it.

I wasn't sure at first if you were asking if that was the location of the sauce maker or if you were asking my location where I buy it.

I added both just to be sure.  Same to me as well lol

When I was 16, my first experience driving was during spring break, and I was in the Big Brothers and Big Sisters program.The plan was to go to Lafayette, Louisiana to the actual Tobasco factory for a guided tour. We went South through Kentucky, then West Tennessee.Stopped in Memphis and went to Beale Stteet.Ate award winning bbq at Rendezvous. We went to the Pyramid and were able to go inside to the actu arena . It had been right after the SEC Championship game. i'm not sure how many days afyer it was , but they had still not cleaned the place fully.Lol 

It was cool getting to experience my first tine driving legally out of town riding on the orange highways, seeing the Land Between Lakes area in the middle of Kentucky Lake and Barkley. One stop was a small roadside diner that served unconventional foods. I tired an appetizer with calamari, frog legs, grilled aligator, and some orher stuff .Meal wise I had a burger, and fries.lol Not sure what animal it was now.

Anyway after leaving there, and the state we intdntionally veered towards the river and saw West Memphis,Arkansas across from it..Then headed back Southeast Louisiana bound after the stop.I never got to go see the motel where MLK Jr was assassinated. 

As we headed South we hit Mississippi and passed Lake Enid and some long straightaways.Statute of limitations 4x allows me to admit to going over 125 mph for the first tine on one of them.Bad idea it turned out.We literally broke down just South of there at Grenada Reservoir.A towing service had to get the car, and we settled for being literally stuck camping at the area near their spillway. I caught some nice white bass and some orher things.

I never got over missing out ib the tour of the Tobasco company thougj.It had been arranged and by the time the car was finished the day to go home had arrived.On the ride back ended up getting to camp at Barkley in Tennessee again.

I pretty much eat food with my hot sauces if it isnt sweets or a bad combo.

The closest I ha e came to going to Louisiana since then is loosely following Nichols St.Lol 

chicago-7-deep-dish-pizza.jpg

Today. For lunch. I dashed some Tabasco on my Chicago Seven from "Old Chicago". That we brought home

Umm, it was good.

First time for me. Gonna  have to do it again.

Which leads to the question.  Would you ever, or have you ever put hot sauce on your pizza ?

6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

chicago-7-deep-dish-pizza.jpg

Today. For lunch. I dashed some Tabasco on my Chicago Seven from "Old Chicago". That we brought home

Umm, it was good.

First time for me. Gonna  have to do it again.

Which leads to the question.  Would you ever, or have you ever put hot sauce on your pizza ?

Jet's Pizza actually has a Buffalo wing pizza that uses spicy wing sauce as it's sauce. Topped with grilled chicken and Bleu cheese.....I've put a hurting on more than one of those.

24 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Jet's Pizza actually has a Buffalo wing pizza that uses spicy wing sauce as it's sauce. Topped with grilled chicken and Bleu cheese.....I've put a hurting on more than one of those.

Sounds great.  Thanks

Archived