And then. There's this about Romeo

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

That's a really thorough analysis.  It's easy to get blinded by what he can do and ignore his flaws.  The last half of that video was brutal.  Still, he's a special talent that has plenty of time to work on his deficiencies.

On 6/17/2019 at 11:26 AM, FKIM01 said:

That's a really thorough analysis.  It's easy to get blinded by what he can do and ignore his flaws.  The last half of that video was brutal.  Still, he's a special talent that has plenty of time to work on his deficiencies.

One of the biggest ‘pros’ from that video is that he was 64% in the half court on a team without any perimeter shooting. I still think Romeo’s ability to get to the rim and finish around the rim is why he’ll succeed in the NBA. 

In the ‘cons’ section of the video all of that standing around was hard to watch. Not just for Romeo, but that the entire team was often standing around. The lack or urgency on offense was just bad - I hope this is the main area where Archie will improve. 

Even in the midst of last season I thought the team was too content just waiting for Romeo to do something special. It reminded me of what Tim Miles said in the huddle in the Nebraska game: “don’t worry about anybody other than Langford or Morgan”. I don’t care if we lacked skill in shooting. Nobody was ever cutting hard or moving off the ball with any urgency. I’m still 100% behind Archie, but this is on him and will remain a concern for me until he proves other wise. 

Regarding the other weakness the video pointed out - that he missed open players when deciding to drive - I just had to laugh that the wide open players in the examples used were Smith and Morgan on the 3 pt line. I think it was a strength that Romeo knew NOT to pass it to them. Haha. 

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Not comparing him to these guys but Kobe, Michael, and Lebron all didn’t shoot well when they entered the league......

All 3 of them are freaks of nature. You only see one of those once a decade at most. More likely once a generation. Romeo, while having great potential, is definitely not at that level. That's why teams look into all elements of his game. To me, it's simply to balance risk/reward. 

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

The thing about Romeo, I was thinking about today.  Some said his demeanor was too laid back when he played for IU.  Not enough emotion.  However, I was thinking that type of demeanor is perfect for the NBA. 

I don't agree with that at all because most of the all time great players played with fire in their belly like MJ, Kobe, Larry and Magic

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That's the Larry I was talking about and no one played with as much fire as him even though I could not stand him when he was playing.

Love ya Scott.  The Bird I remember, DID play with a fire in his stomach, but played at both Indiana State and in the NBA, as if if was his job.  Controlled most of the time. Just got the job done.

Larry Bird ULTIMATE Mixtape! 

Biggest mistake Knight ever made was to disrespect Larry Bird.

Archived