And then. There's this about Romeo

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

This is too cool not to post...

20190621_070754.jpg

I'm not sure of the rules or whatever but if I'm Archie in the green room last night I'm texting everyone of our 5 star prospects the second Romeo's name was called. The whole this could be you in a couple of years thing. Nothing earth shattering from me but have to take advantage of that room, stage,etc...

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm not sure of the rules or whatever but if I'm Archie in the green room last night I'm texting everyone of our 5 star prospects the second Romeo's name was called. The whole this could be you in a couple of years thing. Nothing earth shattering from me but have to take advantage of that room, stage,etc...

With that pic, too...

To me, the fact that he took the trouble to have that done says a lot. Tells me he remembers his time at IU fondly.

17 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

With that pic, too...

To me, the fact that he took the trouble to have that done says a lot. Tells me he remembers his time at IU fondly.

Classy and loyal move. He’s already “representing.”

Vic, Cody, Yogi, Bryant have all been representing for IU, Romeo immediately. Think I remember OG giving IU some good pub as well. All great to see

46 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This thoughtful and genuine action could pay dividends for the next few years with recruits outside of Indiana, and for much longer with our Indiana boys.  Don't underestimate the power of authentic acts with kids and their families.

My kids chuckled at the suits of the UK boys, and got so excited for Romeo's "Candystripe Coordination".  One question, where was the Candystripe belt Romeo?

4 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Classy and loyal move. He’s already “representing.”

Vic, Cody, Yogi, Bryant have all been representing for IU, Romeo immediately. Think I remember OG giving IU some good pub as well. All great to see

Eric Gordon also sent out a tweet saying he was proud to see another Hoosier in the NBA

Just now, BGleas said:

Yes. Being a Celts fan, I watched the intro press conference and follow almost all of their media on twitter. Temporary numbers for Summer League. I hate 45 for him too. 

Ok.. I'm looking at all that Twitter stuff now and it seems like it's going to be his number, but I'll take your word for it. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Ok.. I'm looking at all that Twitter stuff now and it seems like it's going to be his number, but I'll take your word for it. 

Grant Williams has even tweeted about how this isn't his final number, just a temp for summer league. I remember a couple years ago Tatum had one number (11) for his rookie summer league and then showed up for media day in September wearing 0. Fans were actually disappointed because they wanted to call Brown/Tatum 7-11. 

Maybe Langford keeps it, but the twitter commentary has been that the numbers are temporary. I'd guess they're waiting to see how free agency pans out and who comes/goes to see what numbers are available. Maybe one of them wants 11 but doesn't know if Kyrie will be back (just an example). 

It's a little different for the Celtics. Not a lot to choose from. 

Just now, BGleas said:

Grant Williams has even tweeted about how this isn't his final number, just a temp for summer league. I remember a couple years ago Tatum had one number (11) for his rookie summer league and then showed up for media day in September wearing 0. Fans were actually disappointed because they wanted to call Brown/Tatum 7-11. 

Maybe Langford keeps it, but the twitter commentary has been that the numbers are temporary. I'd guess they're waiting to see how free agency pans out and who comes/goes to see what numbers are available. Maybe one of them wants 11 but doesn't know if Kyrie will be back (just an example). 

It's a little different for the Celtics. Not a lot to choose from. 

Gotcha and agree. Hoping for a number under 15. Lol I know #1 isnt retired.. I'd love that. 

Archived