And then. There's this about Romeo

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Fml

Here's the list of retired numbers: https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Boston-Celtics/2/Retired-Numbers. You also have to assume that 5 will be retired at some point for Garnett. 

While we're discussing Langford and the Celtics, as a fan watching twitter, blogs and the Celtics media, there's an interesting dynamic going on, which I actually like for Langford. He's almost getting overlooked by Celtics fans/media. Everyone is gravitating to Grant Williams because he's saying all the right things and to Carsen Edwards because of the flashy tournament run and scoring numbers. 

All they see with Langford is the poor 3pt% and they wonder why Ainge has drafted yet another wing that can't shoot. Fans were really dismissive of the shooting hand injury until the intro press conference where it was addressed more in depth. 

But for now, Langford is in a really nice spot to potentially surprise without a lot of pressure. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I haven't watched this yet, but saw it on FB from the Celtics account and thought everyone would be interested...

Note the strategic Celtic green shirt...

That kid is smart beyond his years...

He comes off as humble yet confident in the interview...

On 6/25/2019 at 6:44 PM, IUFLA said:

Note the strategic Celtic green shirt...

That kid is smart beyond his years...

He comes off as humble yet confident in the interview...

Sharp as they come.

Never thought about it until now, maybe because of the Celtics association, but Romeo's personality/attitude and even his on court presence (not necessarily his game....yet) reminds me of Ray Allen. Smart, composed, such a natural that he makes it look effortless. Not the biggest talker, but confident and straightforward when he does.

Now, to get him a little piece of Mr. Allen's shot.....

He'll make at least 8 or 9 teams look foolish in a few years.

On 6/25/2019 at 2:38 PM, addictedtoIU said:

So Celtics received B/C grade on the 14th pick. Romeo's probably aware. Kid's gotta use this as fuel. 

Setting aside a guy like Giannis, who is literally a freak, it’s hard to find a guy in the mid teens with the upside and skill set of Romeo.  I’d say it was a pretty insightful pick.  

39 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Setting aside a guy like Giannis, who is literally a freak, it’s hard to find a guy in the mid teens with the upside and skill set of Romeo.  I’d say it was a pretty insightful pick.  

Truly think he is in the perfect spot, once he’s fully healthy he will have the chance to develop and will get court time without having the pressure to immediately stand out. His scoring will be needed in Boston as he acclimates and he’ll be working with Tatum and Brown, he’s going to end up shining

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Every time I read a Romeo Langford story, my man crush just gets bigger and bigger.  What a great young man...a true class act.  I know he's not perfect and his year at IU, though impressive by many standards, was not perfect, but I can't think of a kid I'm rooting for more in the NBA than Langford.  I think Ainge is very savvy to draft kids who not only are talented, but also have high character.  Yeah, it's entertaining to have players with an edge, but I'd much rather have a player like Thomas Bryant than Jimmy Butler.  I'll take Bryant's edge.  Jimmy is just a talented A-hole.

25 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Would’ve been nice if the Hoosiers could’ve worked on his shot as well...

Archie has been quoted as saying along the lines of they focus on repetition and building confidence.   Poor practice makes poor performance unless I'm missing something. 

Not arguing that Romeo's wrist was injured while a Hoosier. And that had an impact on his shot. Though, Romeo never used that as an excuse.   However. The Celtics are working with him using ... unbelievably.... Ping Pong balls on his non shooting hand. To improve his shot.  Who thought of that ?   And how would that help to improve his shot?

Maybe it is all mental.  I have no clue.

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Not arguing that Romeo's wrist was injured while a Hoosier. And that had an impact on his shot. Though, Romeo never used that as an excuse.   However. The Celtics are working with him using ... unbelievably.... Ping Pong balls on his non shooting hand. To improve his shot.  Who thought of that ?   And how would that help to improve his shot?

Maybe it is all mental.  I have no clue.

It's a ping pong paddle taped to his left palm.  The summer league coach said it's most likely to keep his thumb off the ball on the follow through.

Archived