Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
milehiiu

And then. There's this about Romeo

Great kid who I'll always appreciate. Glad he's going to play for Brad Stevens. I think that's the perfect NBA coach for him. Congratulations Romeo, and thanks!

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

This is too cool not to post...

20190621_070754.jpg

I'm not sure of the rules or whatever but if I'm Archie in the green room last night I'm texting everyone of our 5 star prospects the second Romeo's name was called. The whole this could be you in a couple of years thing. Nothing earth shattering from me but have to take advantage of that room, stage,etc...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm not sure of the rules or whatever but if I'm Archie in the green room last night I'm texting everyone of our 5 star prospects the second Romeo's name was called. The whole this could be you in a couple of years thing. Nothing earth shattering from me but have to take advantage of that room, stage,etc...

With that pic, too...

To me, the fact that he took the trouble to have that done says a lot. Tells me he remembers his time at IU fondly.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

With that pic, too...

To me, the fact that he took the trouble to have that done says a lot. Tells me he remembers his time at IU fondly.

Classy and loyal move. He’s already “representing.”

Vic, Cody, Yogi, Bryant have all been representing for IU, Romeo immediately. Think I remember OG giving IU some good pub as well. All great to see

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This thoughtful and genuine action could pay dividends for the next few years with recruits outside of Indiana, and for much longer with our Indiana boys.  Don't underestimate the power of authentic acts with kids and their families.

My kids chuckled at the suits of the UK boys, and got so excited for Romeo's "Candystripe Coordination".  One question, where was the Candystripe belt Romeo?

• Like 4

I think the candy stripe inlay should be the start of a tradition. That is what all future draftees sew in to their suits.

It'd definitely make a nice 'hall of photos' to put in Cook/Assembly Hall to show off on recruiting trips. 

• Like 2

Romeo's agent is Happy Walters, who is from Fort Wayne. He went to North Side (Brooks). He's been in the entertainment (music, movies, now sports) industry for years.image.thumb.png.a700d5eaa1e255d1968900d5c0708b3b.png

4 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Classy and loyal move. He’s already “representing.”

Vic, Cody, Yogi, Bryant have all been representing for IU, Romeo immediately. Think I remember OG giving IU some good pub as well. All great to see

Eric Gordon also sent out a tweet saying he was proud to see another Hoosier in the NBA

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

Eric Gordon also sent out a tweet saying he was proud to see another Hoosier in the NBA

His profile pic has always been him in his IU jersey.. tweets a lot about other IU sports, as well.