And then. There's this about Romeo

14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It's a ping pong paddle taped to his left palm.  The summer league coach said it's most likely to keep his thumb off the ball on the follow through.

Thank you.  Good info.  Just had a hard time figuring out how this would help his shot. Now, I know. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

The Celts-76ers summer league game was on ESPN this afternoon...Romeo was there cheering on his new teammates. Class kid...

Thanks. I missed that.  Good to know.  Too bad he could not suit up.  But needs to heal for the regular season.

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks. I missed that.  Good to know.  Too bad he could not suit up.  But needs to heal for the regular season.

Absolutely. I actually enjoyed a bit if the game, and I'm not a big NBA fan. You can tell these kids are playing for something...

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Absolutely. I actually enjoyed a bit if the game, and I'm not a big NBA fan. You can tell these kids are playing for something...

I posted elsewhere that the Pelicans have put Zion WIlliamson  on the shelf for the Summer League games as well. His injury just happened. But for the same reason as the Celtics. A decision was made to error on the side of caution. 

As an aside. I really enjoy your being a member of Hoosier Sports Nation.  And outside of the Denver Nuggets, I rarely follow the NBA, as well as you.

Just now, milehiiu said:

I posted elsewhere that the Pelicans have put Zion WIlliamson  on the shelf for the Summer League games as well. His injury just happened. But for the same reason as the Celtics. A decision was made to error on the side of caution. 

As an aside. I really enjoy your being a member of Hoosier Sports Nation.  And outside of the Denver Nuggets, I rarely follow the NBA, as well as you.

Well I mainly watch the Pacers and even lose a little interest in them once the college season starts.  With how the league is going it will be harder and harder to even for me to have any interest at all.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Tried to watch some of the summer league game but they are brutal to watch.  

Well, at least they were playing hard...gotta be tough in the summer league. I know a lot of guys want to be team players, but at the same time to make the big club you have to somehow stand out...

Just now, IUFLA said:

Well, at least they were playing hard...gotta be tough in the summer league. I know a lot of guys want to be team players, but at the same time to make the big club you have to somehow stand out...

To me it was worse than trying to watcha pre season NFL game.  Watching this makes me think that the G-League will never get real popular because the summer league is pretty similar to watching a G-League game

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well I mainly watch the Pacers and even lose a little interest in them once the college season starts.  With how the league is going it will be harder and harder to even for me to have any interest at all.

I can relate.  Should IU and the Nuggets be on at the same time. Well. You know which team I will be watching.  LOL

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/theres-lot-love-celtics-mystery-011347645.html

Article about Celtic mystery man Romeo Langford

Got a feeling. With a work ethic like that.  It won't be long before every one in Boston, as well as the NBA, will not consider Romeo a mystery.

Thanks for the link !

32 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/theres-lot-love-celtics-mystery-011347645.html

Article about Celtic mystery man Romeo Langford

Not that I wasn't already fired up for the NBA season, but having Langford in Boston makes this upcoming Celtics season even more exciting for me. Can't wait to watch him develop at that level. 

Just now, BGleas said:

Not that I wasn't already fired up for the NBA season, but having Langford in Boston makes this upcoming Celtics season even more exciting for me. Can't wait to watch him develop at that level. 

Well for the Pacers they start Friday morning in India playing Sacramento

47 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I am big time looking forward to seeing Romeo develop - and shine. He’s going to shine eventually imo. A healthy Romeo - if only we’d had that 

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I am big time looking forward to seeing Romeo develop - and shine. He’s going to shine eventually imo. A healthy Romeo - if only we’d had that 

Agree. It will be interesting to see where he fits in on the perimeter since the Celtics have Kemba, Tatum, Hayward, Brown and Smart, and then you also factor in Carsen Edwards, but Langford's game, especially if he can hit the 3 at just an average rate, translates so well to the NBA. I am a little worried that Ainge is going to use Langford as trade fodder at some point. If he shows some flashes he seems like the ideal candidate that could be packaged with draft picks at some point in the next year or two to try and get another star. 

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Reading some of the comments to the article from “IU fans” is embarrassing 

There is a lot of stupidity in every fan base.  IU is no exception.  That said, I would guess at least some of those claiming to be IU fans aren't really IU fans.  

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

There is a lot of stupidity in every fan base.  IU is no exception.  That said, I would guess at least some of those claiming to be IU fans aren't really IU fans.  

My gosh.  The one comment about Romeo clanking 3's.  What the heck ?  Romeo could have chosen to opt for surgery, and taken most of the season off, and still would have  become an NBA draft choice.  Yeah, I am not a fan of the OAD. However, I do respect that he chose to play through the pain.

On 10/2/2019 at 2:48 PM, BGleas said:

Agree. It will be interesting to see where he fits in on the perimeter since the Celtics have Kemba, Tatum, Hayward, Brown and Smart, and then you also factor in Carsen Edwards, but Langford's game, especially if he can hit the 3 at just an average rate, translates so well to the NBA. I am a little worried that Ainge is going to use Langford as trade fodder at some point. If he shows some flashes he seems like the ideal candidate that could be packaged with draft picks at some point in the next year or two to try and get another star. 

Everybody is tradable in the nba...that said Boston is going to probably have to trade Jaylon Brown. Can’t see how they extend him and Tatum both...not with Gordon’s huge contract that is basically untradable. Kanter is not the answer at center so I could see them make a move to sure up the 5 spot especially with Philly in their division.

Archived