Jonathan Denis Commits to Oregon

KDB

4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Crystal ball for the U, but man could we use an impact interior lineman.  

One prediction.....made over a year ago.....by Miami's "insider". 

Not sure about you, but I'd put that on par with a used car salesman's word and Confederate currency.

Edit: The fact that we're getting a 4* from Dade County for an OV is a positive sign.  Cracking through that SEC/ACC wall.

10 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

He has previously committed and then decommitted from Miami which I think is helpful context.

And he committed last July which was a few months after the crystal ball pick for Miami. It looks like the staff is making a push for him, and it seems like we get our guys when we do that. I'd love for the staff to be able to convince him to commit early.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article230159184.html

“I want to commit in August,” Denis said, “but if I don’t feel like I’m ready by then I’ll just wait it out until signing day.”

• 1 month later...
  • KDB changed the title to Jonathan Denis Commits to Oregon

I figured we weren't going to get him, but I'm glad he picked Oregon.  I read a Miami message board the other day about him, and they pretty much thought it was a forgone conclusion that he would go there pretty much just because they're Miami.  Not upset to see them miss out on someone.

Archived