QB Competition

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, granted, it was a long time ago, but if I had held a ball like Penix did in that first picture, I'd have been running til I puked.  Laces ALWAYS up, use them to help throw a tighter spiral.  Has something changed?  Is it not taught that way anymore?  I'm sincerely curious.

26 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

OK, granted, it was a long time ago, but if I had held a ball like Penix did in that first picture, I'd have been running til I puked.  Laces ALWAYS up, use them to help throw a tighter spiral.  Has something changed?  Is it not taught that way anymore?  I'm sincerely curious.

Don't know about the pic.  Very well could have been a QB keeper from the get go.  But yes, laces up.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Don't know about the pic.  Very well could have been a QB keeper from the get go.  But yes, laces up.

Or a quick screen where the QB catches and get the ball out to the WR as soon as possible.

I Googled him and that was the only picture like that I saw. Kind of funny that's the first one that pops up.

3 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Or a quick screen where the QB catches and get the ball out to the WR as soon as possible.

I Googled him and that was the only picture like that I saw. Kind of funny that's the first one that pops up.

Yep, could be several reasons.

20 hours ago, Muddy River said:

If it's a quick hitter.. especially out of the gun... you don't worry about the laces. 

On 6/12/2019 at 6:26 AM, The Daily Hoosier said:

You cover IU FB also ?  Just kidding.  As I said on the BB board. You just keep bringing it. And Hoosier Sports Nation could not thank you enough.

Having gone through the PSU game and watched all of Penix's throws, he is night and day different than Ramsey.  He still needs to learn when to put a little more touch on the ball, and when to try to force it in or check down, but my goodness he's got insane talent.  He's going to be so tough to keep off the field.

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

A) That's some top shelf detectiv-ization. 

B) I can't be the only one that despite reading the text of the link, instinctively clicked the play button on the picture 3 or 4 times.  xD

And C) Shows what the hell I know.

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

Having gone through the PSU game and watched all of Penix's throws, he is night and day different than Ramsey.  He still needs to learn when to put a little more touch on the ball, and when to try to force it in or check down, but my goodness he's got insane talent.  He's going to be so tough to keep off the field.

He's the definition of "raw".  But from the looks of it, he's a raw, uncut diamond. 

On 6/13/2019 at 5:41 PM, Leathernecks said:

Nothing against Ramsey at all but we've watched what he can do or can't in some cases. Unless he's far better than Penix or Tuttle....I prefer a different route this year. I'm going to sound like a broken record until the opener but I can't tell you how important a fast start is to this season. 

On 6/13/2019 at 6:51 PM, Zlinedavid said:

A) That's some top shelf detectiv-ization. 

B) I can't be the only one that despite reading the text of the link, instinctively clicked the play button on the picture 3 or 4 times.  xD

And C) Shows what the hell I know.

Kind of embarrassing to admit, but it was at least 10 times on that "play button" here. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived