U.S. Open

KDB

Very interesting day ahead of us. If any of the leaders throw another -4 or -5 round together it will essentially eliminate all but about 15-20 people headed into the weekend. Weather won't have much of an impact as it looks like winds will remain calm however greens will firm up meaning today could be the last best chance at a very low round with receptive greens. I'm expecting some low rounds from DJ and Tiger today. Tiger grinded out one of his most impressive -1's in a long time and DJ played so awful for him to be at E he should consider himself lucky. 

Both need to go 66/67 range today to make sure they stay within striking distance of Rose. PS...love me some prime time golf. 

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

No Tiger, Phil, or DJ on the leaderboard, but this is some great golf.  

Very strange how much trouble Tiger and DJ have had with putting....especially when they historically have putted well there. Wouldn't mind seeing Woodland finish it out today. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Very strange how much trouble Tiger and DJ have had with putting....especially when they historically have putted well there. Wouldn't mind seeing Woodland finish it out today. 

I would like to see Koepka make a charge,  Even if he doesn't win, having Woodland, Rose, and Koepka all in the mix coming down to the last hole would be fantastic drama.

9 hours ago, KDB said:

Woodland captures his 1st major championship at 35 years old.

Very deserving champ. Nice guy who is well liked across the board. Played multiple sports growing up. Big hoops fan. Congrats to Puma as well! What took you 3 tourneys with Woodland (win a major with them as sponsor)....they still have to wait on Rickie Fowler who is at 39 tourneys and counting waiting for his first major with Puma as primary. 

Woodland hit 2 ballsy shots on the back 9...the 3 wood on 14 and the chip from the fringe on 17.

Glad he won. They did a couple of personal segments on him, and he and his wife have been through some life adversity. Seems like a really good man, too.

30 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Great story about Woodland and the special needs young woman. Even interrupted his interview to talk to her.

He was definitely not a “name “ before this weekend, but he is definitely a guy that I am going to root for going forward 

He is and has been. For those of kind of die hard golfers know good of a guy he is. Probably the reason Nicklaus took to twitter right away last night. Much like Jordan Spieth...some very special causes out there as well as showing these are normal people with normal problems. 

Archived