Jalen Washington (2022) Commits to North Carolina

1 hour ago, Hoosier51 said:

Well to be honest i think the Hoosiers are going to reap a lot of benefit from it also, no matter the record lately IU is still a name brand in College Basketball. Also did Jordan have anyhing to do with hiring Davis? I don't think he will have much effect on what they become. Just look at the Hornets and how they have been since he has owned them, Jordan might be a great basketball player but it remains to be seen if he is good at basketball decision making off the court.

What I meant was Michael Jordan, the billionaire UNC donor whose ultra-competitive streak borders on psychotic obsession, will use his money and influence to make sure UNC doesn't fall off as long as he's alive.  Roy Williams earned the right to name his successor, but that really only buys Hubert Davis about 3 years.  If UNC isn't competing at the highest level 3 years from now, he'll get run off and the alums (led by MJ) will open up their checkbooks to buy the best coach they can.  And if that guy doesn't work out, they'll do it again.  MJ literally can not handle seeing UNC underperform.  His competitive nature won't let him.  He was willing to help run Matt Doherty out of town and they were college teammates and lifelong friends.  MJ is freaking cutthroat when it comes to UNC's success.

As for the NIL and UNC; think of all the things UNC has in it's favor to draw a spotlight onto recruits who wish to sell their NIL.  Michael Jordan and his Jordan Brand/Air Jordans.  The over-hyped "best rivalry in college basketball" that is played at least twice a season.  Not having half of their games buried on a premium tv channel that most people don't have (Big 10 Network.)  ESPN kissing their ass constantly.  Kenny Smith shilling for UNC on the most popular NBA program on tv.  Brendan Haywood shilling for UNC on NBAtv.  Vince Carter shilling for UNC as a newly hired ESPN mouthpiece.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Meh, I am leery of people who don't like onions.

I don't think there is a single fast food place that has good onions.  So I agree with 5fouls here.

There is a huge difference between onions prepared at home, compared to greasy slimy onions at a place like McDonald's. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Ok, your pattern is wearing thin.

Either get involved in real discussions or just do not post anymore.

Your only posts are when we lose recruits. And you say "it's because we suck, I love IU, we suck, told ya we suck, Purdue is better,  I love IU".

It's enough.

Discuss things as a member of the community,or just move along. before I shove you along. Just kinda tired of it.

Blue working hard to make HSN a better place.

See the source image

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, BeenShermin said:

What I meant was Michael Jordan, the billionaire UNC donor whose ultra-competitive streak borders on psychotic obsession, will use his money and influence to make sure UNC doesn't fall off as long as he's alive.  Roy Williams earned the right to name his successor, but that really only buys Hubert Davis about 3 years.  If UNC isn't competing at the highest level 3 years from now, he'll get run off and the alums (led by MJ) will open up their checkbooks to buy the best coach they can.  And if that guy doesn't work out, they'll do it again.  MJ literally can not handle seeing UNC underperform.  His competitive nature won't let him.  He was willing to help run Matt Doherty out of town and they were college teammates and lifelong friends.  MJ is freaking cutthroat when it comes to UNC's success.

As for the NIL and UNC; think of all the things UNC has in it's favor to draw a spotlight onto recruits who wish to sell their NIL.  Michael Jordan and his Jordan Brand/Air Jordans.  The over-hyped "best rivalry in college basketball" that is played at least twice a season.  Not having half of their games buried on a premium tv channel that most people don't have (Big 10 Network.)  ESPN kissing their ass constantly.  Kenny Smith shilling for UNC on the most popular NBA program on tv.  Brendan Haywood shilling for UNC on NBAtv.  Vince Carter shilling for UNC as a newly hired ESPN mouthpiece.  

I think you are highly overrating what effect Jordan will have on UNC future, but that is just my opinion. Also there is no way Davis only gets 3 years, he would have to be Archie Miller bad to even be on the hotseat since he is one of them.

And as far as the NIL goes none of that worries me, all the Blue Bloods will have an advantage and although IU status might be dusty they are still one. I've hopped on a few other teams forums and almost every single one thinks Blue Bloods wil have the advantage with the NIL. Now all IU has to do is win to get back there.

• Like 2

Glad I take a few weeks off during the summer after reading some of the comments. Coach Woodson and his staff have collectively had as good as start as we've had at in the last 20+ years. Recruited the entire team back. Recruited 5 star player and got verbal. Transfers who were highly sought after. 

Washington announcing now hurts but barely. Zero concerns about recruiting with this staff. Enjoy your summers gang! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

PSA:  PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE COMMENTING ON PLAYER THREADS AFTER THEY HAVE COMMITTED TO OTHER SCHOOLS.  WE OFFICIALLY DO NOT CARE ANYMORE AND SEEING THESE THREADS MIXED IN WITH PLAYERS WHO MAY STILL CHOOSE IU IS JUST ANNOYING.

THAT IS ALL.

Nonsense. The thread title has been updated to avoid any confusion. Let discussion contained within those threads continue as it will. The "plunging" attempts made when a recruit chooses elsewhere are far more annoying than skipping past just one thread you no longer wish to see.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Nonsense. The thread title has been updated to avoid any confusion. Let discussion contained within those threads continue as it will. The "plunging" attempts made when a recruit chooses elsewhere are far more annoying than skipping past just one thread you no longer wish to see.

What you just did is annoying as hell to me so I guess we're now even.

I'm done.  Carry on with this bull 💩 as you please.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Facepalm.gif.00afe602ae7457a8a0dc403d58539f1f.gif

I know lol. Personally I’ve always said after a player commits there should be like a 72 hour posting period and then locked. If people want to still discuss them there is always the 2022 general recruiting thread. But this isn’t just my board and I understand it’s just a generally accepted unspoken rule not to resurrect dead recruiting threads.

• Like 1

All kidding aside. 

Gang,

Let's try not to fight about such trivial things. We are all here because we love IU.

Too many times I see a side argument blow up and lead to great members leaving the board.

It's not worth it. Big picture, we are here for the same reason. Don't lose sight of that. Every member is too valuable.

• Like 2