Jalen Washington (2022) Commits to North Carolina

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Washington had season ending surgery on the same knee he previously had injured.  Too bad for the young man.  IU dodges a bullet?  Saw this over on BTB.  Sorry, if this was already reported.   

Really a shame for him. Apparently same knee but new injury. Third significant injury in HS (shoulder as a freshman). Fortunately, he’s an excellent student, if he remains injury-prone

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

247 reported the original ACL repair was botched. 

Sounds like it may be a new injury that likely occurred because the original surgery was botched, not a clean up of the original injury:

He sustained the injury at the NBPA Top 100 camp in July, Buggs said. It’s the same knee he hurt before his sophomore season but this is a new injury.

In the final day of this year's NBPA Top 100 camp in Orlando, 2022 UNC commitment Jalen Washington felt some discomfort in his right knee. He was checked out by the camp's doctors who suggested he get an MRI upon returning home to Gary, Indiana.

The scan showed a partially torn lateral meniscus, and a "loose" (or partially torn) ACL on his right knee - the same knee in which he suffered a torn ACL on Jan. 2, 2020. After getting another opinion, Washington learned that his initial ACL surgery wasn't performed properly. He played an entire high school season, an entire AAU season, and participated in the NBPA camp with an injury he thought had been fixed a long time ago.

• Sad 3

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

$1.8 is cap....but torts law or stuff like this is really, really hard to win. I think there are like 3-4 elements you have to prove. 

I just hope the kid gets healthy and earns $ in the pros eventually. 

Instead of taking the surgeon to court, he could always "persuade" him to provide some financial reparations through the NIL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/15/2021 at 3:11 PM, FKIM01 said:

That's truly terrible for him.  He may get the Indiana malpractice limit for that one if he has a sharp attorney.

If he can do that....I'm going to see if my old delivery doctor is still alive....my lawyer will have some serious questions for him about my circumcision. 😝  Not sure how they can prove it was maliciously botched or just didn't take well. That said I too hope he heals and can ball out and get paid....at least he is a great student I hear.