Jalen Washington (2022) Commits to North Carolina

• KDB changed the title to Jalen Washington (2022) Commits to North Carolina

The previous 3 times UNC managed to land an elite big from the Hoosier State, it resulted in championships: Montross, May, Zeller.

On the plus side it really only seems to happen about once per decade.  So you probably don't need to worry about UNC breaching the state borders until the 2030's.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BeenShermin said:

The previous 3 times UNC managed to land an elite big from the Hoosier State, it resulted in championships: Montross, May, Zeller.

On the plus side it really only seems to happen about once per decade.  So you probably don't need to worry about UNC breaching the state borders until the 2030's.

The results remain to be seen.

1 hour ago, Sea Turtle said:

Or Michigan State.

These kids want to go to good programs. We haven't had one in over a quarter century.

Oh hey look who it is.

Quick question, why do you only pop up only when it is something against IU?

You never post in any other threads but those.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BeenShermin said:

Their new coach is getting these recruits only because of the UNC brand. Give it a couple of years and I think they will be falling off just like Duke with Scheyer will be.

Edited by Hoosier51

18 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Oh hey look who it is.

Quick question, why do you only pop up only when it is something against IU?

You never post in any other threads but those.

When there is good news on this year's class, I will post accordingly. 

I'm IU all the way in basketball. Maybe that's why I'm so depressed.....

Edited by Sea Turtle
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

When there is good news on this year's class, I will post accordingly. 

I'm IU all the way in basketball. Maybe that's why I'm so depressed.    ....

We have had plenty of good news this off-season 

The second line gave me a good laugh. 😉 

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

Their new coach is getting these recruits only because of the UNC brand. Give it a couple of years and I think they will be falling off just like Duke with Scheyer will be.

I suspect UNC is going to reap a lot of benefits from the new NIL rules the NCAA has passed.  I also doubt Michael Jordan will ever let that team fall off as long as he's alive.  

Side note, got confirmation that Sean May played a big role in landing Washington. He seems to be a big hit with recruits now that he's an assistant coach. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, BeenShermin said:

I suspect UNC is going to reap a lot of benefits from the new NIL rules the NCAA has passed.  I also doubt Michael Jordan will ever let that team fall off as long as he's alive.  

Well to be honest i think the Hoosiers are going to reap a lot of benefit from it also, no matter the record lately IU is still a name brand in College Basketball. Also did Jordan have anyhing to do with hiring Davis? I don't think he will have much effect on what they become. Just look at the Hornets and how they have been since he has owned them, Jordan might be a great basketball player but it remains to be seen if he is good at basketball decision making off the court.

Edited by Hoosier51

23 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

I don't like it when kids leave the state and go to UNC or Duke. 

23 hours ago, rico said:

Meh, I don't like it when kids leave the state.

I don't like it when I go through a drive thru and distinctly say 'hold the onion', and then, guess what, I get onions.  Pisses me off.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

Or Michigan State.

These kids want to go to good programs. We haven't had one in over a quarter century.

Ok, your pattern is wearing thin.

Either get involved in real discussions or just do not post anymore.

Your only posts are when we lose recruits. And you say "it's because we suck, I love IU, we suck, told ya we suck, Purdue is better,  I love IU".

It's enough.

Discuss things as a member of the community,or just move along. before I shove you along. Just kinda tired of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5