Jalen Washington (2022) Commits to North Carolina

14 hours ago, dgambill said:

Gary huh...going to be tough to get him down here in Bloomington. Imagine we don’t have a lot of recruits from there. Kid definitively sounds like he will be special.

My 5 seconds of research came up with 2 names. Randy Williams and Leroy Gamble. Both on the 1958-59 team. 2 players from Gary in 60 years. Haha.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

My 5 seconds of research came up with 2 names. Randy Williams and Leroy Gamble. Both on the 1958-59 team. 2 players from Gary in 60 years. Haha.

Who knows...maybe he'd be happy to be further away from the stench in West Lafayette.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Despite the season ending injury, I see that CBS/247 currently has Jalen ranked #9 overall in the nation. Number four in the nation for his position. And number one overall in Indiana.

You are aware he also missed a number of games in the previous season because of a shoulder injury (I think that's what it was)?  Hard for me to accept that a kid who's missed more games than he's played in his last 2 high school seasons and couldn't demonstrate how he's recovered from a knee injury in an AAU season (if he could have even played) can still be that highly ranked.  Call me skeptical that these raters really are all that tuned in.  

3 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

You are aware he also missed a number of games in the previous season because of a shoulder injury (I think that's what it was)?  Hard for me to accept that a kid who's missed more games than he's played in his last 2 high school seasons and couldn't demonstrate how he's recovered from a knee injury in an AAU season (if he could have even played) can still be that highly ranked.  Call me skeptical that these raters really are all that tuned in.  

Yes. I am aware that Jalen missed most of his Freshman year due to a shoulder injury. I'm from Gary. And tend to follow kids from my home town. 

One of two things.  Either Jalen is super talented.  Or the ratings guru's are super incompetent.  I will go with the former. Just because.

59 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

I would bet the raters are going off who had interest in him and his offers then his actual game....which is really good when he was on the floor. Not sure how many Gary kids we’ve gotten over the years so I’ll just follow this one with mild expectations.

42 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I would bet the raters are going off who had interest in him and his offers then his actual game....which is really good when he was on the floor. Not sure how many Gary kids we’ve gotten over the years so I’ll just follow this one with mild expectations.

Dollars to a donut.  Based on past experience.  Jalen will wind up being a Boiler. 

7 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Is he a 3 or a 4, for those who have seen him play?   Also, does anyone recall the year the NBA is projected to dispense with the one and done rule?  

Maybe next year but still not voted on. If they are giving out 500,000 for the g league they may stick with that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Is he a 3 or a 4, for those who have seen him play?   Also, does anyone recall the year the NBA is projected to dispense with the one and done rule?  

When Adam Silver talked about it, he said he expected it to be changed before the '22 draft. This was last year or '18.

Edited by go_iu_bb
  • Thanks 1