Jalen Washington (2022) Commits to North Carolina

Just now, The Daily Hoosier said:

You guys would have cracked up at me yesterday if you saw what I did to talk to Karaban (in Westfield), Washington and Casey (in Louisville), and also make both of my kids' basketball games.  I pulled it all off but didn't get around to eating all day until about 9 p.m.

What a day. Happy for you. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

You guys would have cracked up at me yesterday if you saw what I did to talk to Karaban (in Westfield), Washington and Casey (in Louisville), and also make both of my kids' basketball games.  I pulled it all off but didn't get around to eating all day until about 9 p.m.

Well now you have to tell us...

On 4/26/2021 at 1:27 PM, The Daily Hoosier said:

We greatly appreciate what you provide. I get it in my email every evening. Sometimes I've already been linked to it from here but if not I read every article after putting my daughter down at night. Outstanding job!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cybergates said:

SHERMAN HEMSLEY MOVIN ON UP JEFFERSONS on Make a GIF

Guess others have the AD comp too...not sure about the 2.0 though.

If I remember correctly AD never took a shot outside 3 feet, at least the 2 times IU played him.  He was an amazing college player that just had an incredible knack for the ball.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This kid is sinking down the board, here, and I think he's probably the most important 2022 kid we're after...

In @The Daily Hoosier's latest roundup, this was the take...

“Washington said that he will visit North Carolina officially on the second of June and Stanford is set for the 12th,” Bossi wrote.  “The Indiana native also mentioned that he’s looking at which local schools he can see and when.”

On that latter point, a source tells The Daily Hoosier that an IU visit by Washington is in the works, but nothing has been set up to this point."

That doesn't sound real promising to me...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

This kid is sinking down the board, here, and I think he's probably the most important 2022 kid we're after...

“Washington said that he will visit North Carolina officially on the second of June and Stanford is set for the 12th,” Bossi wrote.  “The Indiana native also mentioned that he’s looking at which local schools he can see and when.”

On that latter point, a source tells The Daily Hoosier that an IU visit by Washington is in the works, but nothing has been set up to this point."

Don’t know how much I’d read into that tbh. He doesn’t have an official scheduled yet to Purdue but it’s likely going to be in June. 

• Like 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

I felt the same way, but also thought he's likely to take unofficial visits to places close enough to do so and use his officials at places far(ther) away like UNC and Stanford. 

Polar opposites on those visits -

• academically (high prestige vs. academic fraud)
  • basketball (blue blood vs. non-historic)
  • geographical (east coast vs. west coast)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Don’t know how much I’d read into that tbh. He doesn’t have an official scheduled yet to Purdue but it’s likely going to be in June. 

Agreed. So many schools and so many areas are in such different places in terms to visits, opening up in terms of covid, and finishing school semesters. Just now starting to see the world open up in general and start making plans. You then got all these 22 kids like airplanes just circling, in a holding pattern on top of all the 23 kids that want to take visits as well. Logistical nightmares probably for scheduling these visits now with still much of staff etc remote working/classes etc. I feel pretty good we will get our visit with Woody/Fife here. Wasn't under Archie. I'd say there was little to no hope in landing him under the former regime. Now we have a small hope. I'd say its a long shot but one we are in much better position to pull off given the changes at the top and within our offense/team.

Heck we weren't even letting fans into the baseball games outdoors at IU...I know we've started scheduling visits for a few kids but I'd say that is something that just opened up. Can't believe things are so caught up in red tape but that is 2021.

Edited by dgambill

On 5/24/2021 at 10:43 AM, cybergates said:

I felt the same way, but also thought he's likely to take unofficial visits to places close enough to do so and use his officials at places far(ther) away like UNC and Stanford. 

Polar opposites on those visits -

• academically (high prestige vs. academic fraud)
  • basketball (blue blood vs. non-historic)
  • geographical (east coast vs. west coast)

Wonder how much high school grades come into play with a place like Stanford?  I assume there would be a little leeway there, just not sure how much. 

On 5/13/2021 at 2:43 PM, NotIThatLives said:

If I remember correctly AD never took a shot outside 3 feet, at least the 2 times IU played him.  He was an amazing college player that just had an incredible knack for the ball.  

Agreed. Washington reminds me more of jaren Jackson jr then AD. Davis was a terror on the defensive end...little offensive game except around the basket. That came later.