Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, KDB said:

Crystal ball pick for Georgia from Jeff Ermann. 7/10 confidence.

Crean with Wade then Victor then Edwards is going to make a compelling arguement. Especially since he has no problem entrusting his team to freshman even if it means losing lots of games. Do they have an open scholarship for this year. I know we have two.

27 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Crean with Wade then Victor then Edwards is going to make a compelling arguement. Especially since he has no problem entrusting his team to freshman even if it means losing lots of games. Do they have an open scholarship for this year. I know we have two.

I thought someone said enrolling early is off the table now.  He’s transferring high schools.  Tons of baggage with this kid, tons.

45 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I thought someone said enrolling early is off the table now.  He’s transferring high schools.  Tons of baggage with this kid, tons.

I thought someone said they won’t go the prep school route so he may enroll early if their season gets canceled now that the tournament they were scheduled to play in got canceled. Sorry I’m just confused....

3 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Archie saying “I have an open roster spot, cmon down, get in our gym, get ripped, check out the nice views and play with Indiana across your chest”. 🔴🔴

Is it too late for him to get up to speed this year?? Would love to have a starting lineup of Rob, Khristian, Aminu, Jerome, Trayce.

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Been told he is a good student.  Considering transferring to a better academic climate.

Take care.  And please stay safe.

51 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Been told he is a good student.  Considering transferring to a better academic climate.

Take care.  And please stay safe.

Just as an FYI from being somewhat local, his current school is a college prep high school associated with Missouri State in Springfield. It's a good school and not athletic minded at all. I'm not sure where he would transfer to for one year that would be a better academic climate. I think he either has a season for Greenwood, or enrolls in a university in January.

37 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I get the kid has baggage but the people who just say ehh if we don’t get a top 15 talent, I don’t care🤷‍♂️ It may be that his guardian is too involved now, but I guarantee with Archies demeanor he won’t let it be a problem if the kids chooses IU.

I think some peoples worries are that when you are talking baguage or handlers you think of people looking to be paid.  No IU fan should want IU to do anything illegal to get recruits but I trust Archie that he wouldn't be involved with any illegal activities.

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If he came in January he wouldn't play this year just work out with the team and be ready for next year.

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think some peoples worries are that when you are talking baguage or handlers you think of people looking to be paid.  No IU fan should want IU to do anything illegal to get recruits but I trust Archie that he wouldn't be involved with any illegal activities.

Yea I don’t think Archie would lead us down that path either.

I do think he would be a red shirt like Rayce was and we can see that worked out really well this year. Aminu has a much higher rating so a year working with Cliff and the team could do wonders.

Saw this little article about  Muhammad from Rivals recruiting analysis.  Not sure about how close this guy is to the situation but the bolded print about IU having the advantage.

Five-star guard 

may see his timetable accelerated by the Covid-19 crisis, but it is still not expected to announce or sign during the early period. According to Mohammad's legal guardian, Shawn Harmon, the cancellation of a handful of major high school events has the Springfield (Mo.) Greenwood Laboratory School standout considering making the call earlier than expected.

And with that commitment could come an early enrollment.

“We’ll take a week or two to assess everything after the cancellation of those exposure type events,” Harmon said on Wednesday. “Then we'll consider committing before possibly enrolling during that period.”

Georgetown, Georgia and Indiana are all in play for Mohammad. The Hoosiers seem to hold an advantage as things stand.

Archived