Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 13th&Jackson said:

His family is in Nigeria. His brother is at MO ST and is a senior. 

And he lived with his guardian on the east coast (DC area, I think?) before moving to Missouri to be close to the brother. So any geographic ties would favor Georgetown, but I really don't think that will be a major factor which is why he's also strongly considering IU and Georgia.

35 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

On to the next! Let's do this!!!!

Sorry, but this is one 5* who simply doesn't excite me.  He's got OAD on his brain and he's a 6'3" - 6'4" wing.  I just don't think we need another wing.  JMHO.  We need a solid big transfer in the 6'8" range or bigger.  We need frontline help next year unless one of our big guys stays an extra year.  

5 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Sorry, but this is one 5* who simply doesn't excite me.  He's got OAD on his brain and he's a 6'3" - 6'4" wing.  I just don't think we need another wing.  JMHO.  We need a solid big transfer in the 6'8" range or bigger.  We need frontline help next year unless one of our big guys stays an extra year.  

An elite scorer who can take some or most of Al's minutes doesn't excite you? Kristian, Rob, Aminu, Hunter/Race, and a stud big man out of transfer portal with a solid bench of Hunter/Race, Geronimo, Galloway, Duncomb, Armaan, Leal is a sweet 16+ contender in my opinion. It also lets the current freshmen develop a bit more and fight for their minutes. Aminu can play the 2 or 3 which is what Al will be doing this season. It's a no brainer in my opinion to take him with his potential

20 minutes ago, Dart said:

An elite scorer who can take some or most of Al's minutes doesn't excite you? Kristian, Rob, Aminu, Hunter/Race, and a stud big man out of transfer portal with a solid bench of Hunter/Race, Geronimo, Galloway, Duncomb, Armaan, Leal is a sweet 16+ contender in my opinion. It also lets the current freshmen develop a bit more and fight for their minutes. Aminu can play the 2 or 3 which is what Al will be doing this season. It's a no brainer in my opinion to take him with his potential

Absolutely agree

Just now, TheWatShot said:

I mean if he wants a player badly enough, he finds a way to make room. We witnessed it for almost a decade. 

From what I understand there is no way he can make it happen this year.  Even if a player transfers mid season I heard you can't use that scholarship until next year.

3 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I still laugh at the guys saying Aminu doesn’t excite him because of this or that...he is a 5 star prospect that is ranked top 15 in his class....that means by all accounts he’s pretty darn good. I for one want him here..

I want him here if he comes in committed to being part of the team and helping with winning.  If he comes in and tries to help his NBA stock over  team success and not be a great teammate then that would scare me.  He seems like a good kid and actually saw a couple of interviews with him from last year

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I want him here if he comes in committed to being part of the team and helping with winning.  If he comes in and tries to help his NBA stock over  team success and not be a great teammate then that would scare me.  He seems like a good kid and actually saw a couple of interviews with him from last year

I’m sure he will try and win as a team...we knew Romeo was a one and done that wanted to score at a high level...didn’t see complaining about him coming. 

not trying to say Aminu is at his level, but probably comparable

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I need Muhammad to pick IU so I could look a little smart on predicting where players will go.  2 months ago my predictions were Muhammad to IU, Miller to Creighton and TK to UVA which I got half right.  6 months ago I thought we would get TK and Muhammad.

I hope you are right too...this kid is tough to read though. Would love to have him. We don’t have anyone like him on our roster...be a big get.

Archived