Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

We got a update, Aminu will be committing soon 

To me that is encouraging for IU since we have an opening for this year.  Georgetown and Georgia doesn't have any openings so this is good.  Unless he is looking at other programs that have openings we don't know about it is looking good.

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

If he enrolls in January, is he eligible to play for IU second semester?  

I don't see why he wouldn't be.  If he did I wouldn't expect much this year, but what the heck would we have to lose by trying to work him in some.  It's not like he would be here four years anyway.  

I'm clearly no insider, but for some reason I wouldn't be surprised if we land this one.  

Don't remember to many recruits coming in January and saying right away.  It would be difficult for Muhammad to come on and get up to speed that quickly.  It would also be harder for the team to get chemistry with him.

Also say he comes in and plays right away would he be eligible for the draft next year.  I wouldn't think he would because his high school class will still not graduate until May

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Don't remember to many recruits coming in January and saying right away.  It would be difficult for Muhammad to come on and get up to speed that quickly.  It would also be harder for the team to get chemistry with him.

Also say he comes in and plays right away would he be eligible for the draft next year.  I wouldn't think he would because his high school class will still not graduate until May

No. You have to be 19 in the calendar year of the draft AND one year removed from your graduating high school class. So even if he enrolls early we would get at least one season out of him, but that’s more than likely it. 

2 minutes ago, IUskim said:

No. You have to be 19 in the calendar year of the draft AND one year removed from your graduating high school class. So even if he enrolls early we would get at least one season out of him, but that’s more than likely it.

I think the idea is we would get one and a half in this scenario.

hmm...can I buy a bottle of champagne?

Not a bad new for us I think. A talented kid like him who's also physically ready should benefit a lot more by coming to college early. He can improve and learn a lot more scoring 8 points/game in college than scoring 30 points against smaller and weaker high school kids. 

2 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

If I was a scholarship player on Georgia or Georgetown, I would keep my nose clean for the next month or so! Can't risk creating an "open" spot.

From what I have heard even if a player transfers or kicked off that a program can't use that scholarship on another player this year.

Archived