Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dgambill said:

You know having him in January might not be a bad thing. If we have players out with Covid having a 5star to throw in might not be a bad thing.

He cant play this season. Hed still be a 2021 commit but would just be on campus a semester early. 

4 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Early enroll, wonder how that plays out with other guys on the team.  This kid appears to have his eyes set on something other than college, hopefully that would not be to the detriment of team chemistry.  From all accounts, we finally have a team that has some closeness to it this year.

TJD has had his eyes on something other than college since he set foot on campus. That hasn't stopped him from being a great player and team guy.

36 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I mean I don’t think a redshirt freshman is going to start over a 5th year senior next year so no I don’t think he does.

Correct that was my question. 

You don’t think Aminu will start?  He’s a 5*.  I highly doubt he commits if he isn’t starting day 1.   

If he doesn’t come here, I can see them trying to persuade Al to stay.  But if he does commit, something will have to give. 

I know people have said his other top schools don’t have scholarships available but with the way recruiting has gone recently, I’m not entirely optimistic.

As I mentioned earlier here, this is an opportunity being handed on a silver platter. I will be very concerned about our ability to recruit if we can’t convince the kid to join the school with an actual available scholarship/the opportunity to play alongside one of the best point guards  in the country.

This would definitely be an amazing get if we can land an out of state 5 star player and I think it would help trying to get a transfer forward by pitching that we have a wealth of talent at the guard position at their disposal. 

42 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Correct that was my question. 

You don’t think Aminu will start?  He’s a 5*.  I highly doubt he commits if he isn’t starting day 1.   

If he doesn’t come here, I can see them trying to persuade Al to stay.  But if he does commit, something will have to give. 

Al doesn’t count against a scholarship so it would be silly not to bring it back. 

1 minute ago, HoosierDom said:

I don't believe they are correct about him being able to play this year. Ohio State has a guy doing just that - SI tries to analogize to football, but football is a fall sport, so they are on a different calendar.

Osu kid reclassed 

Here is where I am with Aminu:  We know he wants to get to the NBA its been highlighted multiple times.  a few things:

• IU gets a lot of exposure, way more than the others currently recruiting Aminu(Texas would be 2nd in terms of exposure IMO)
  • IUs strength program is amazing just ask Al, Race, TJD, Franklin, hell ask me and I could tell ya how good it is with Cliff Marshall by images, videos, etc.
  • If he enrolls in Jan, he'll be able to get some academics under his belt, build strength and work on a relationships with the players and coaching staff
  • He SHOULD be able to practice with them(maybe I am wrong here) right away given the fact he'll be on a scholly
  • Given everything above and assuming he has no injuries there is no reason why he couldn't make an immediate impact in Fall 2021.  Also given everything above and if he is truly dominant like some say he is, he'll be gone by 2022 via the draft.    
  • So what's it look like at the 1/2/3 positions with Aminu?  Well you have loads of options, you have Rob/Lander/Leal/Galloway/Aminu and Durham should he return for one more year.  To me that is a very dangerous group of kids that could play 1/2 and even the 3 spot and I didn't even list the forwards that could play the 3 spot.  

While I am disappointed we swung and missed on TK and Miller we also have been very very solid since CAM took over in terms of recruiting.  We could fill a PF spot with a transfer as many say the transfer market is expected to be huge.  

If we get Aminu I will still consider this a good class even though we may only have two incoming recruits.  Now if we miss on Aminu I will be disappointed but still hopeful we can work some magic on the transfer market

6 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Al doesn’t count against a scholarship so it would be silly not to bring it back. 

Would love to have Al(and Joey for that matter) back but they may be ready to move on.   Playing ball overseas and earning a nice paycheck is likely for them.   Staying to play another season takes away a year of salary.  And we all know athletes have very small windows in which to earn.  So counting on them to fill a void in recruiting may be a pipe dream.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Archived