Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

Just now, IUskim said:

I guess then the question we need answered assuming he wants to enroll early if Crean does in fact Crean someone before the end of the semester can that scholarship be used for someone who wants to enroll early. 

I think they could not use that scholarship until next year

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, IUskim said:

I guess then the question we need answered assuming he wants to enroll early if Crean does in fact Crean someone before the end of the semester can that scholarship be used for someone who wants to enroll early. 

No. If someone leaves Georgia after the first semester, Tom Crean cannot use that scholarship until next year (2021-22)

5 minutes ago, BDB said:

FCTC has to be appealing for a guard like AM.  With D-Wade, VO and now the doctor from ER.  He’s accumulating quit resume of putting guards in the league.  I bet AM guardian is licking his chops after visiting with FCTC.

I'll give you VO.  As I recall DWade was talented but there were academic issues that kept him off a lot of radars. 

Anthony Edwards would have gone to the NBA if I coached him.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

I'll give you VO.  As I recall DWade was talented but there were academic issues that kept him off a lot of radars. 

I agree, however the young people today love hearing what you can do for for “them”.  That along with Crean’s free range anything goes try to out score you offense has to be appealing to 5* guards with nba aspirations. 

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

This is exactly right. The mythology that Crean has built up around Wade is off putting to me. It wasn't as though no one else knew he was talented. It was that people weren't wiling to recruit him with the state of his academics. 

The Anthony Edwards this is also silly. They had a losing record with the number one draft pick. That's supposed to reflect well on the coach?

2 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

This is exactly right. The mythology that Crean has built up around Wade is off putting to me. It wasn't as though no one else knew he was talented. It was that people weren't wiling to recruit him with the state of his academics. 

The Anthony Edwards this is also silly. They had a losing record with the number one draft pick. That's supposed to reflect well on the coach?

That is the thing kids don't care what the record was but they care he was the #1 pick

10 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

Again, the what can you do for “me” mentality.  They couldn’t care less about the losing record.  

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I just don’t see the hype over UGA 

They just had a 2 guard go #1 in the draft, and Crean coached Edwards, Dipo, and Wade. Aminu is a top 15/20 kid who wants to get to the league. That stuff is attractive. 

1 minute ago, KDB said:

They just had a 2 guard go #1 in the draft, and Crean coached Edwards, Dipo, and Wade. Aminu is a top 15/20 kid who wants to get to the league. That stuff is attractive. 

Some can not seem to take the cream & crimson glasses off and see that this is a business decision, based on what is best for the player.  

Archived