Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

2 hours ago, CincyHoosier said:

I'm not sure the bolded is something to really be excited about.  Not very stiff competition since Knight.  

2021: 100

2020: 27, 99, 147, 148

2019: 30, 151

2018: 7, 59, 124, 135, 147

Outside of Romeo, TJD, and Lander its sort of meh.  I think he's done well bringing in one headliner per class but after that...the talent drop off is too steep imo. 

*especially if the headliner is only sticking around for 1-2 years. 

There is so much about this program that we don't know.  Everyone is hush/hush and nothing leaks....unlike anyone else we have had in modern day.  We don't know who runs the practices for example.

That leads me to Tom O.  It seems he has alot of power and does alot of the coaching....this taken from Hoosierhysteria video and is the recruiter.....when is his role going to be examined?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

There is so much about this program that we don't know.  Everyone is hush/hush and nothing leaks....unlike anyone else we have had in modern day.  We don't know who runs the practices for example.

That leads me to Tom O.  It seems he has alot of power and does alot of the coaching....this taken from Hoosierhysteria video and is the recruiter.....when is his role going to be examined?

It's pretty regular for assistant coaches to run portions of practice. That's a normal thing. 

17 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If we lose Muhammad it just makes you wonder what has happened.  The last 3 classes we got the majority of the guys we went after hard.  Now it would be like 1 for 5 so I wondering why.  It is not like we have been horrible and have improved every year.  Maybe kids don't like the defensive minded coach that Archie is but those other classes new this as well.  Also maybe it is how our offense had looked but at Dayton Archie's offense was pretty good.

Improve every year? Didn't we lose like 18 straight in year 2. No one wants to play for a coach that can't make the tournament.

34 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It's pretty regular for assistant coaches to run portions of practice. That's a normal thing. 

Yes, I know that.  I guess my point is....is it working?  Not saying it isn't, just a perspective for conversation when others claim Archie is not the lead recruiter.  Usually assistants might run practice to allow Head Coach to work on recruiting or side work with players.

5 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

A lottery pick that was in the 4 to 7 range and ended up 14th. The guys that do the mock drafts have mostly said that RL would have been better off not playing any at IU. those are the types if things that 5 star kids look at

Well, yeah...he would have been better off not playing with a hand injury.  That could be said regardless of where he went.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Well, yeah...he would have been better off not playing with a hand injury.  That could be said regardless of where he went.

We know that but what do you thing other schools are telling guys. I know first hand of recruits that have been told by other schools look what CAM did for RL draft stock. Recruting is a dirty business and I know that the recruits have to take a lot into consideration and decide what is legit and what is BS but hearing that does not help with big time recruits. 

Over the past 20 years I have been lucky enough to talk with many AAU coaches, High school coaches, parents or some big time recruits and many recruits them selves. I have heard many a story of what is told to them from some of the colleges that are recruiting. Lots of really good stuff some bad things but never ever ever had I heard any of them say I chose this school or eliminated this school because of what I read or was told from a message board.  The kids today see so much on social media most are pretty immune to it well before making their decisions. I personally feel confident that whatever I post on a free message board is not going to tip the scale one way or the other no matter what I say or how many times I say it. The constant that I do get from those i talk to and trust me I pump IU as much as possible. Many are surprised at how big and supportive the IU fan base it and cannot believe how loud assembly hall is. I have had some candid conversations and with some of things I have heard I assure you what we talk about on HSN goes in one ear and out the other.

8 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

2). A three point shooting transfer  has come into the picture.  Muhammed goes elsewhere.... this guy is looking to enroll early.  And will have two years of eligibility left.

Sounds like the Parker Stewart kid in the other thread maybe?

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

His percentages are not that great.  

No, but I was just commenting on the clues @milehiiu gave...can enroll early, a 3 point shooter (he was at 43% in the ACC his freshman year) and will have 2 years of eligibility left...

From @13th&Jackson post here sounds like sounds like he was a better "piece of the puzzle" at Pitt than "the man" at UT Martin...

Archived