Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

11 hours ago, MaroonRebel said:

I just heard Mohammed has decided to come play for IU, but only if Tom Allen coaches both football and basketball...... I kid, I like Archie, but that was awesome for all the players to stop and give coach Allen all the love.

Apperantly he was on Coach Ks podcast or whatnot...at the end of it coach k said he wanted to play for Tom. So who knows maybe he will convince him to come coach IU basketball?!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

It's fine to have goals but it shouldn't be the end all be all.

Whatever Wisconsin has been doing the last 20 years has worked very well. It's basically Knight ball lite. It's something that can be sustained. Maybe we should look at that?

How many NC’s does Wisconsin have?

How many FF’s? 

How many does Duke have? Or MSU for that matter and how many players have Duke, MSU, and the multiple other conference successful programs I’m sure you know about placed in the League? 

We’re still early in Cam’s tenure but his recruiting already reflects the best route to both conference success and placing players — 1-2 guys who look like strong candidates early for the NBA, surrounded by skilled, tough and proven winning players. Does Galloway, or Leal etc look like guys who “just” want to make the NBA? 

I think your perception is skewed by the few guys the program misses on who are legit early NBA prospects.

Every kid who is talented enough to get a scholly for a major D1 program would like to play pro ball, this is their lives, their futures, and they’re all exceptionally talented guys who dominated at the HS level.

Of course the program is going to recruit the best players. But are we recruiting guys who barely qualify academically? You know the guys Sampson recruited? Are we actually recruiting players who just want to go pro? What CAM is doing is recruiting the skilled tough 3-4 year types I think you’re talking about mixed with 5-star elite players with early pro potential, that’s exactly what we should be doing 

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

What CAM is doing is recruiting the skilled tough 3-4 year types I think you’re talking about mixed with 5-star elite players with early pro potential, that’s exactly what we should be doing 

Yes, I would say this is generally the UVA & Villanova formula, and honestly, MSU has been successful with a variation of that.

47 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wisconsin’s best season they had multiple nba players on it. Sure some went in 4 years but some left early too. That team was pretty talented.

As it pertains to recruiting though, that year (and I assume you're talking about 2014-15 when the were National runners-up to Duke) only 1 (Sam Dekker) was Top 50, and only 2 (Dekker, Bronson Koenig) were top 100.

I think with just the talent level Indiana high schools produce we can take the formula of the aforementioned schools to another level. In an off recruiting year in Indiana, I think you can fill scholarships with those in the lower end of the Top 100 and even 100-150. 

But I think we have to at least bat .500 on the 5 star kids the state produces until we're back on the national scene. 

1 hour ago, Coach Robby said:

Guardian quoting coach Bob knight on Twitter. Said deciding soon. I like our chances 

Obviously I want to land him and I know we are in as good a position as any but his guardian is very very social media savvy. To say he doesn’t know what he is doing to continue to get eyes on the kid and his profile is to be foolish. I hope we land him but he knows exactly how to generate retweets etc.

I have not seen Aminu or Stewart play. But from what I’ve read and the highlights I’ve seen, I think they can play together, i.e., you could take both.  Aminu has a motor and easily play the 3 for us.  He’s tough and can get boards.  He’s a scorer and not just a shooter.  

Stewart as discussed has an electric release.  

You get those two guys and our scoring will ramp up.  

As much as I’m excited about Logan, it’d be nice if we can get a long four man in case TJD goes.  Otherwise we might go with a hard charging, mobile team that’s hard to match up with. 

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If he is thinking of entering college in January it is surprising he started the HS season

He wasn’t thinking going to college early...but they canceled several tournaments including a huge national showcase Bass Pro tournament his school was to appear in. I agree I think he should honor his commitment to his HS team but he may think Covid is going to cancel his season regardless.

16 hours ago, dgambill said:

Looks like the stands were packed with fans. Don't know when I've seen that at a sporting event lately, especially indoors.

22 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

OK so what are the insiders hearing on this one?  We are due for some good news aren't we....

I am not an insider. Nor will I ever profess to be one.  Recently I have been told that Georgia, Georgetown, Kansas State, and Indiana are all still in the game. With Depaul and Texas putting on a late game full court press.

15 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I am not an insider. Nor will I ever profess to be one.  Recently I have been told that Georgia, Georgetown, Kansas State, and Indiana are all still in the game. With Depaul and Texas putting on a late game full court press.

Thanks Mile.   You are better than an insider, your our insider.  😁

Archived