Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

49 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I actually looked to see how Gelon is doing at Bethel this season and he's not on the roster. Played well last season. Supposedly another year of eligibility but perhaps moved on with his life.

I think he is moving on..... with his life. But don't know for sure.   Know his mom wants him to give it up.  She's still pissed at I.U.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Hopefully goes to Georgia. 

This has been the stance for a long time amongst some people who know his game and have watched him that also have a passing interest in #IUBB. As an Indiana supporter and having had some access to his game and with an understanding of where he is in his life and what is being desired and asked of him: I hope he goes to Georgia. 

Go Hoosiers. 

It’s shocking to me seeing this, but I trust you guys a lot. So you think Parker Stewart would be a better addition to IU?

16 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

It’s shocking to me seeing this, but I trust you guys a lot. So you think Parker Stewart would be a better addition to IU?

Parker certainly seems like more of a shooter - even though Aminu is listed as an SG, it sounds like he’s more of a scorer.  

Reading between the lines, just doesn’t sound like this kid and/or his motivations would be a good fit for IUs chemistry/program.  

Finally - still curious why none of the blue bloods offered him ... a 5*?

9 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Parker certainly seems like more of a shooter - even though Aminu is listed as an SG, it sounds like he’s more of a scorer.  

Reading between the lines, just doesn’t sound like this kid and/or his motivations would be a good fit for IUs chemistry/program.  

Finally - still curious why none of the blue bloods offered him ... a 5*?

I was thinking locker room problems, but that may be absurd

2 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

I don't believe there are any issues with the kids attitude, anything wrong or sideways with his guardian (he has to have one since both of his parents are home in Nigeria). It sounds like he is a polite, nice young man (albeit a bit more quiet). 

The stance that a few have is quite simple: Do you value him as a high-level contributor from day one given some of the circumstances and plans put forth? 

I'd say not. And a number of coaching staffs feel the same way. 

Scholarship offers > rankings. 

What are the circumstance and plans you are talking about.  I have seen a few interviews with him and he seems like a very likable kid and like you said he was polite.

If Archie wants him here and the kid wants to be here then I want him here. I don’t think Archie would bring a problem into the team. He just spent 3 years dealing with locker room drama on various levels and loves this current team. Why would he add a problem head case or kid that didn’t buy into TEAM? I respect everyone’s opinions and especially our insiders but I trust Archies judgement more than them. I’ve heard some worried about kids playing time (Franklin), his guardian, he is selfish and only cares about his draft stock etc. I’m not even sure he is a OAD kid given he doesn’t have the shooting to go NBA right now but if he proves it on the court then more power to him he will be one of those kids like Crean has had to sell other kids on coming into the program. You need to turn out nba talent no matter if they would have made it regardless of school because that is how you draw top talent. I don’t disagree with our insiders often but if this kid chooses IU I won’t be sad. I trust Archie to know what he is getting and we need better talent on this team. Tired of watching missed jumpers and guys like Al/Rob/Armaan taking it to the rim but not able to finish because of size/athleticism. I love all our kids and they showed against inferior opponents they can finish but I want to beat the Texas/FSU/Baylors in the future. This type of talent is what it’s going to take to do it. Stacking classes of talent. 

I'm a firm believer he' a Day 1 contributor & difference maker and I think there's an impressive track record to support this. 

While his HS schedule is a little soft, he's shown an ability to standout against top tier competition when given the chance.. 

Just look at his 2019 summer. He played up a year for a top national AAU program with several top 2020 prospects like Cam Thomas (averaging 22ppg for LSU), Mark Williams at Duke, JT Thor, etc. This is how he performed:

• 2nd highest scorer on team w/ a 17.5ppg average while shooting a team-high 57.3% FG%
  • Averaged 8.5 rebounds a game including 3.6 offensive boards/game
  • 1.5 steals / game 
  • 70% FT

Compelling enough for me

4 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Five-star recruits generally go through 5* recruitments. 
A number of people I know liken him to more of a top-80 type of player. And I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but it is hard to do so when a lot of the feedback is so average. 

I am sure most people are a little anxious because of the recent whiffs. Be prepared for the sky is falling scenario if he chooses to go elsewhere. 

17 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

All told, I do think he can be a useful college player if he puts in the work and is afforded a chance to get meaningful minutes to improve his weaknesses. 
I’d like him as a 3-year type of player at Indiana to see what he can develop into. 

UNC has built championship teams with guys between 15-80 rankings so if he is a top 80 player I would take him.

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

UNC has built championship teams with guys between 15-80 rankings so if he is a top 80 player I would take him.

To be fair, the last two times UNC won they had at least five 5-star recruits on the roster.

And their championship teams were anchored by 4-5 upperclassmen who all came in as 5-star recruits (Hansbrough, Lawson, Green, Ellington in 08 or Hicks, Meeks, Jackson, Berry, Pinson in 2016).

Not sure there’s much to take from that since it doesn’t seem easily replicable  

3 minutes ago, IUBBx5Banners said:

To be fair, the last two times UNC won they had at least five 5-star recruits on the roster.

And their championship teams were anchored by 4-5 upperclassmen who all came in as 5-star recruits (Hansbrough, Lawson, Green, Ellington in 08 or Hicks, Meeks, Jackson, Berry, Pinson in 2016).

Not sure there’s much to take from that since it doesn’t seem easily replicable  

Didn't say they did not have 5 star players but they weren't top 10 players either.  They also had guys stayed at least 3 years even though some were 5 stars

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Bingo!! I wouldn’t mind having him but the level of competition is very much in question 

Which are we talking about...his AAU competition or HS? Because his AAU work was very impressive playing on a top 3 team in the country. His tape is impressive...not sure what others are seeing but I see a special kid.

Archived