Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

6 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Starting to look like UGA according to Rivals, I won’t believe it until I see it

He can go there and play 40 mins a game no matter how he plays. Say what you want about Crean but he has had a lot of guys playing pro ball around the world.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

It may not be falling but a class of 100ish rated center and grad transfer SG from Tenn Martin isn't exactly awe-inspiring. 

All about how you look at it. 

#9 center in the nation, when we will be losing our best big next season.

A transfer who made more threes in a season than any player not named James Blackmon Jr has in the past decade for IU. How "great" that transfer is we will only know in time, but we just brought in a player who might see the court this season, and fills the weakest spot on our team (shooting). 

Now we still have a few scholarships to bring in another recruit or transfer. 

Archie has done WAYYY more, with wayyy less at Dayton. 

11 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

A transfer who made more threes in a season than any player not named James Blackmon Jr has in the past decade for IU. How "great" that transfer is we will only know in time, but we just brought in a player who might see the court this season, and fills the weakest spot on our team (shooting). 

Maybe.  We are playing catch up with the rest of the Big 10.  We need higher impact recruits imo.  

I don't know if we are falling behind in recruiting. What is every team in the Big Ten's  highest ranked players 1-5? I bet we are better than most believe. Now if we continue to have 2 player classes we are in trouble, however, one every once in awhile is survival especially this class. There are going to be a lot of transfers next year, and they will all get waivers.

Go Hoosiers! 

49 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Cool, when is he going to start doing that at IU? So far his teams have maybe been the equivalent to the sum of their parts but certainly haven't been better than that. In other words, they haven't been overachieving but instead have been underperforming or, at best, meeting a very limited potential.

Maybe this will be the year but so far it looks like more of the same as the last few with the inability to hit shots. The ball movement looks a lot better and the defense is tight, so there's that, but they still have a hard time hitting open shots from distance and miss around the basket quite often. 

1 minute ago, Hippopotamo said:

Stewart and Duncomb is a great class on its own, especially with the fact that Brunk may return and with everyone on the roster getting an extra year. I wouldn’t be surprised if Leal and potentially Galloway staying a 5th year. 

I'm happy to have both players on the team  but "great" is a stretch. Decent seems more appropriate.

12 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I think a team of Phinisee, Lander, Franklin, Galloway, Thompson, Geronimo, Hunter, Leal, Brunk, Duncomb, and Stewart is really solid and balanced. 

So solid is good?? If my wife said our marriage was solid how would that make me feel?  If my boss said my work is solid how would I feel? To.me solid does not give me warm fuzzy feelings. 

Everyone keeps ignoring Lander in the next class.  This year is just a bonus year for him.  Put him in 2021 and the class looks good.  It also balances this classes at 3.  I suspect this class without Lander is going to end up looking very good in the rearview mirror. 

...and yeah, I already hear "but two of the three won't be there four years."  Save it.  That's always the case even with conventional classes.  If Aminu joins this class, he won't be there four years either.

The question is, does Aminu want to play junk ball and lose or does he want to learn defense and win?  Both paths can take you to the NBA but one is more satisfying than the other.

1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

I'm happy to have both players on the team  but "great" is a stretch. Decent seems more appropriate.

+1

Kaufman would've made this class pretty good, but that option was long gone. So far, this class is more of maintaining the talent level. But of course, this class could end up a pretty good one if Duncomb successfully replaces TJD, and Stewart can shoot 35-40% beyond the arc. 

Archived