Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

Is it for sure that TJD is leaving for the NBA? In my opinion he needs to develop the ability to go to his right, with his right hand and develop a perimeter game. He goes in with his current skill set and he will be eaten alive.

No, it's just been repeated on our boards so many times that everyone takes it as a fact now. 

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I will add something solid. Solid is only good in the bedroom!!

Worthless knowledge : The translation for Jello in German means giggly peter!! Definitely not solid!!

I disagree, a solid foundation is a must...or one might find themselves building a new house.

I think too many fans get stuck on ratings which are arbitrary. IMO Duncomb will be an ideal center for us and I simply don’t care what his rating is.  Guys like Duncomb are hard to come by.  If you ranked players by scarcity, for us, he was one of the best recruits we could get.  

If he bombs and is just a backup, end of bench type of guy along the lines of fellow Ohioans Robbie Eggers or Tom Pritchard, then I’m wrong. I don’t see that happening.   I think he is a stud at the B1G level.  He’s big, strong, skilled, and has a butt kicking don’t-put-up-with-any-crap attitude that kills in the B1G.

In any event, we can all agree—Archie included—that 2021 didn’t go great in recruiting but we may be able to fix it with a good class in 2022.  If we do, no one will remember the misses of 2021.

29 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I think too many fans get stuck on ratings which are arbitrary. IMO Duncomb will be an ideal center for us and I simply don’t care what his rating is.  Guys like Duncomb are hard to come by.  If you ranked players by scarcity, for us, he was one of the best recruits we could get.  

If he bombs and is just a backup, end of bench type of guy along the lines of fellow Ohioans Robbie Eggers or Tom Pritchard, then I’m wrong. I don’t see that happening.   I think he is a stud at the B1G level.  He’s big, strong, skilled, and has a butt kicking don’t-put-up-with-any-crap attitude that kills in the B1G.

In any event, we can all agree—Archie included—that 2021 didn’t go great in recruiting but we may be able to fix it with a good class in 2022.  If we do, no one will remember the misses of 2021.

Dangit, stop it. We already confirmed...

bd11cffd2d9b44554e3553466e9a478b.jpg

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I will add something solid. Solid is only good in the bedroom!!

Worthless knowledge : The translation for Jello in German means giggly peter!! Definitely not solid!!

I was thinking, now that I am 51 solid would be acceptable.  If you know what i mean. lol

2 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Is it for sure that TJD is leaving for the NBA? In my opinion he needs to develop the ability to go to his right, with his right hand and develop a perimeter game. He goes in with his current skill set and he will be eaten alive.

If I was TJD, I wouldn’t declare since he still hasn’t developed an outside shot, though he has begun taking jumpers

5 minutes ago, rico said:

If you were in his position, what would you do?  Think long and hard on that one.

2 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I would get paid a million to work on it with an NBA team instead of at college....

I'm still not sold on jumping early just to get paid.  I know all the arguments for the superior development programs and getting paid/not having to deal with classes while you are working on your game, but I keep going back to Noah Vonleh who appears to be in the process of washing out of the league early.  We'll never know what would have happened if he stayed a year or two longer and developed his game more without the sink or swim pressure of the G League/NBA.  Until someone can find a way to prove otherwise, there will always be this nagging question in my mind if some of these young men would be better served developing in college first and then jumping into the deep end of the pool when they are a little bit older, more mature and better equipped to deal with the pressure to perform or be fired.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm still not sold on jumping early just to get paid.  I know all the arguments for the superior development programs and getting paid/not having to deal with classes while you are working on your game, but I keep going back to Noah Vonleh who appears to be in the process of washing out of the league early.  We'll never know what would have happened if he stayed a year or two longer and developed his game more without the sink or swim pressure of the G League/NBA.  Until someone can find a way to prove otherwise, there will always be this nagging question in my mind if some of these young men would be better served developing in college first and then jumping into the deep end of the pool when they are a little bit older, more mature and better equipped to deal with the pressure to perform or be fired.

How much money has Noah pocketed?

Archived