Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

Just now, PritchardPutBack said:

There's a bunch of mock drafts all over the place but I know personally I really trust Givony over just about anyone. He used to run DraftExpress.com but came over to ESPN with Woj when that big move happened and really does his due diligence scouting international guys and talking to those in the know when it comes to the draft. Once again though, a whole bunch can change by the end of the season

I hate it that today is more about potential than production and having Ayo ad the 35th prospects is ridiculous.  He is one of the top players in college and take him over any of the freshman on UK or Duke.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, PritchardPutBack said:

I thought this was kind of a dumb question to start the year and he would be gone after this season for sure, but Jonathan Givony of ESPN released the very early 2021 best available for the draft a week or two ago and TJD is only 55th https://www.espn.com/nba/draft/bestavailable/_/position/ovr/page/3. Obviously it is way to early to find that as super reliable information and Thomas Bryant ended up leaving while only being a projected 2nd rounder at the end of the season, but you gotta think there's a chance he'd come back if he remains a second round guy

Ziaire Williams 7 and Scottie Barnes 13? Not if I'm a GM.

9 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

No doubt. He's a stone cold assassin.

Is he?  I watched Wayman Tisdale dominate CBB for 3 years.  Sure fire NBA great, right?  Hell, Sampson played for 4 and dominated like I have never seen.  Sure fire NBA great, right?  The list goes on.

4 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Is it for sure that TJD is leaving for the NBA? In my opinion he needs to develop the ability to go to his right, with his right hand and develop a perimeter game. He goes in with his current skill set and he will be eaten alive.

Not sure what eaten alive means, but he's just got to make a roster, which he likely will.  He just has to get hired and begin to learn the job of professional ball.  He's not starting day one.  JMHO.   😊

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Is he?  I watched Wayman Tisdale dominate CBB for 3 years.  Sure fire NBA great, right?  Hell, Sampson played for 4 and dominated like I have never seen.  Sure fire NBA great, right?  The list goes on.

True, but that wasn't really the premise. Scott was talking about Ayo ranked 35th behind a bunch of unproven freshmen. Not only does he have skills and athleticism to translate to the next level, but he's made so many clutch baskets in the last minute against B1G competition.

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

True, but that wasn't really the premise. Scott was talking about Ayo ranked 35th behind a bunch of unproven freshmen. Not only does he have skills and athleticism to translate to the next level, but he's made so many clutch baskets in the last minute against B1G competition.

Taking bets now....who here thinks Ayo will be an all-star?

Just now, 13th&Jackson said:

I hate Illinois. But Ayo is for real. I would take him on any team I have. No way I find 30 college players I draft before him.

6 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

If Romeo got drafted at 13, I pray Ayo is available at 17 when the pacers take their annual customary pick.  

And Pacer fans wanted Steve Alford instead of Reggie Miller.  One is the face of the Pacers, the other is a vagabond college coach.

1 minute ago, rico said:

Right now, yeah.  Tisdale?  Sampson?

Dude, we can throw out dozens of examples in either direction. That proves nothing.

Plenty of proven winners in college were a bust in the NBA. Plenty of guys drafted on potential were a bust in the NBA.

5 years from now we will know if I am right or I am wrong. No biggie. I am just saying, if I were drafting there are not 35guys I pick before Ayo.

Maybe I get fired, maybe I am GM of the year. 

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

Dude, we can throw out dozens of examples in either direction. That proves nothing.

Plenty of proven winners in college were a bust in the NBA. Plenty of guys drafted on potential were a bust in the NBA.

5 years from now we will know if I am right or I am wrong. No biggie. I am just saying, if I were drafting there are not 35guys I pick before Ayo.

Maybe I get fired, maybe I am GM of the year. 

Yeah it proves something, neither you nor I are an evaluator of NBA talent.

Archived