Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I can’t remember a kid in recent years who got worse advice than Brooks.  He doesn’t fit what is going on at UK, and he would have literally been featured at IU.  His playing style would have been ideal here at forward.  

But what do you do when a kid’s mentors need mentoring themselves?  Sometimes you have a dad or uncle or coach who played college ball and so they think they have unique insight.  The problem is they can overconfidently lead the kid down the wrong path.  The mentor’s baggage gets in the way and the kid makes an ill-advised decision.  Brooks will have squandered his first two years, and let’s see if he keeps banging his head against the wall or ends up someplace else.  

This isn’t sour grapes.  It’s analysis.  

After this year he could have a free transfer right? Do we still want him?

14 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

After this year he could have a free transfer right? Do we still want him?

I think we could use him. It might not be popular here but I do like his game and how it could fit here.  But I don’t know if too much water has passed under the bridge.

I guess I’d be surprised if it were to happen but I simply do not know.  

28 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I think we could use him. It might not be popular here but I do like his game and how it could fit here.  But I don’t know if too much water has passed under the bridge.

If he and his family have bought into it, I would be ok with Brooks coming next year. 

What I do not want is another Justin Smith situation. Obviously he was one of our best players, but be we are definitely better with him gone.

52 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Missing on Trey and MM, Keion is about the same height (no clue how their games translate), but I’m sure IU would at least inquire (or vice versa) since IU didn’t really fill that position.  

Another option is to get a true big man transfer so he and Logan can split TJDs mins next year (depends on Brunk too). 

Finally, if Al and/or Brunk decide to move on, they could get a big man transfer AND someone to fill TK/MM ... maybe Brooks?  

agree - they’ll just have to make sure it’s not a JSmith/dad type situation 

Archived