Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well watching a little of Georgetown and they are pretty bad so I don't see why he would choose them.  I couldn't believe this stat but this is the first time Georgia has started 6-0 since the 82-83 season

Georgetown fans say it’s because they have basketball royalty coaching them...and they are a pure basketball school unlike Indiana/Georgia...honest to goodness they think it’s an honor to play for Ewing and that Indiana is a football school that just happens to have a basketball team.

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Georgetown fans say it’s because they have basketball royalty coaching them...and they are a pure basketball school unlike Indiana/Georgia...honest to goodness they think it’s an honor to play for Ewing and that Indiana is a football school that just happens to have a basketball team.

So why have they not gotten any highly ranked recruits.  The freshman center at UM grew up around DC but didn't go there

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

If Ewing could coach, they'd have an argument.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

So why have they not gotten any highly ranked recruits.  The freshman center at UM grew up around DC but didn't go there

They have the 22nd ranked class in 21...not including Aminu. I’ve heard with him it might push top 10. They’ve produced good nba talent...even recently with Porter jr and Greg Monroe. I agree Ewing just isn’t a great coach nor leader as we saw the huge exit last year but they’ve recruited talent. It’s a program like ours that is well off it’s prime but they have lots of talent in the DC area to recruit from...I do think a better coach could be very successful there.

On 12/19/2020 at 4:17 PM, BGleas said:

Predicting Georgia, just based on Crean's list of NBA guys. Honestly, as a recruit that doesn't have Duke, UK, Kansas, etc. on his list, Crean's resume of NBA guys is pretty impressive. I feel like that is an important thing for this recruit. 

Although I hope Scott is right, I think yours is best prediction.  This is another close one.   He is also the same as Geronimo, but with a much higher ranking coming in.  I don't think he's a OAD, but we will see.

8 hours ago, slojoe said:

Although I hope Scott is right, I think yours is best prediction.  This is another close one.   He is also the same as Geronimo, but with a much higher ranking coming in.  I don't think he's a OAD, but we will see.

Seeing comments from his guardian it’s Georgia. In multiple articles even not Georgia ones he is praising Crean on getting people to the league. He doesn’t say much about CAM. 

5 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

So...... Crean is going to put it to his former employer?

Crean offers playing time, immediately.  Mcdonalds AA get the keys and green light. He also is a recruiter who is very, very, creative.

With that being said, I still hope this kid picks IU.  Stewart might of taken his spot.  Although, I could see both on next year's roster.  But, maybe the staff now is focusing on a PF/C.  Who knows...we should see.

Just win!

22 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Crean offers playing time, immediately.  Mcdonalds AA get the keys and green light. He also is a recruiter who is very, very, creative.

With that being said, I still hope this kid picks IU.  Stewart might of taken his spot.  Although, I could see both on next year's roster.  But, maybe the staff now is focusing on a PF/C.  Who knows...we should see.

Just win!

I have to wonder about the creative part. I've heard weird things about his recruiting style....

1 minute ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I have to wonder about the creative part. I've heard weird things about his recruiting style....

Nothing that I would post on a message board.  However, let's look at a few well publicized pieces:

-Quoted in FBI transcripts asking Addidas to help them out

-Blammed assistant coach for getting the calendar wrong when visiting kid that went to MSU.  Even had Buckley issue a public statement. 

-Vonleh came out of no where.  Bryant to a certain extent.

-The coach Pitino hired from IU

-Recruiting took a turn and when fired mentioned not being able to recruit like others on Dakitch show.  

25 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Nothing that I would post on a message board.  However, let's look at a few well publicized pieces:

-Quoted in FBI transcripts asking Addidas to help them out

-Blammed assistant coach for getting the calendar wrong when visiting kid that went to MSU.  Even had Buckley issue a public statement. 

-Vonleh came out of no where.  Bryant to a certain extent.

-The coach Pitino hired from IU

-Recruiting took a turn and when fired mentioned not being able to recruit like others on Dakitch show.  

Vonleh and Bryant - nobody is going to want to talk about it. However, they were both highly rated McDonald's All Americans being recruited during a time in which they were almost certainly offered money by programs. Not to mention the fact that Kenny Johnson was the lead recruiter. Why did a couple of McDonald's Americans from the northeast pick IU?

2 hours ago, Go__Hoosiers said:

Vonleh and Bryant - nobody is going to want to talk about it. However, they were both highly rated McDonald's All Americans being recruited during a time in which they were almost certainly offered money by programs. Not to mention the fact that Kenny Johnson was the lead recruiter. Why did a couple of McDonald's Americans from the northeast pick IU?

This is not koolaid, this is reality - CTC ran as clean a program as any. Insinuating that IU/CTC was paying money to any recruit is just unwarranted and really not a good look here. The actual evidence is, with respect to a number of recruits, IU backed off when there was questionable recruiting by other programs, CTC publicly commented, as asides, about the difficulties in having to recruit with other programs doing things. What CTC did was raise IU's academics significantly, and recruit cleanly. Some of the elite guys came here largely due to CTC's demonstrated track record of developing guys to the League, and for immediate emphasis as the key players on the team.

9 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

This is not koolaid, this is reality - CTC ran as clean a program as any. Insinuating that IU/CTC was paying money to any recruit is just unwarranted and really not a good look here. The actual evidence is, with respect to a number of recruits, IU backed off when there was questionable recruiting by other programs, CTC publicly commented, as asides, about the difficulties in having to recruit with other programs doing things. What CTC did was raise IU's academics significantly, and recruit cleanly. Some of the elite guys came here largely due to CTC's demonstrated track record of developing guys to the League, and for immediate emphasis as the key players on the team.

I’m sure we’d all like to believe that with 100% certainty, but none of us really know one way or the other.

43 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I’m sure we’d all like to believe that with 100% certainty, but none of us really know one way or the other.

Considering you can't prove a negative, we DO know with a high degree of certainty. This is an odd self-generated rumor even for message boards. Has anyone in the game even so much as insinuated that Crean has ever been dirty?

45 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

4 hours to go and there is still no answer, watch him surprise everyone and head to the G-League 

Honestly, if he doesn't choose IU that would be my preferred outcome. It's been stated many times as a possibility that he and his guardian are considering.

Archived