Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

38 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

We literally whiffed on everyone but 1 player in a 4 man class. We couldn't give our schollys away. 

I get that everybody gets another year of eligibility if they want it. It's more of an indication of what recruits think of our program: dog poo.

No need to sugarcoat it, tell us how you really feel.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I was trying to be kind.  What was Hindenburg bad was the nonsense you posted to begin with.  You should see that by the various reactions you got...mostly laughter.

Pick up the bong and take a deep drag before you post next time...it can't hurt.

He’s entitled to his opinion, which is supported.  IU did not do well this recruiting cycle as measured by their own missed targets.  The view that IU did well is the one that takes serious post hoc rationalization to justify.  I think if we kill it in 2022, it won’t matter.  But that’s a must. Coach Hunter obviously relates well to recruits and he might help quite a bit.  Let’s hope that is where this goes.  

Regardless, IMO, the last thing we need to be doing is driving away bright new posters.  That’s fine if you don’t like his opinion, but he represents a voice in the fan base.  I would think we should be welcoming all reasoned voices.  It would get boring if we devolve into Chris Farley walking around saying “remember when we went undefeated in 1976?  That was awesome.”  Ridiculing people for their views instead of sticking to argument is not what has made this board the smartest board for IU sports.  

1 hour ago, Sea Turtle said:

We literally whiffed on everyone but 1 player in a 4 man class. We couldn't give our schollys away. 

I get that everybody gets another year of eligibility if they want it. It's more of an indication of what recruits think of our program: dog poo.

Who said this was a four man class?  IU has room one more if everyone is back.

You completely ignore 5-star Khristian Lander enrolling early.

IU just added a high-quality outside shooter with experience.

You ever stop to think it may be as much about playing time as anything?  

Yeah, man...you really nailed this one...

5a863e3a22f3b_StupidMurray.jpg.1d3735dd5e51b17e32591e67c1eab556.jpg

54 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

He’s entitled to his opinion, which is supported.  IU did not do well this recruiting cycle as measured by their own missed targets.  The view that IU did well is the one that takes serious post hoc rationalization to justify.  I think if we kill it in 2022, it won’t matter.  But that’s a must. Coach Hunter obviously relates well to recruits and he might help quite a bit.  Let’s hope that is where this goes.  

Regardless, IMO, the last thing we need to be doing is driving away bright new posters.  That’s fine if you don’t like his opinion, but he represents a voice in the fan base.  I would think we should be welcoming all reasoned voices.  It would get boring if we devolve into Chris Farley walking around saying “remember when we went undefeated in 1976?  That was awesome.”  Ridiculing people for their views instead of sticking to argument is not what has made this board the smartest board for IU sports.  

I'm sick of people calling the program dog sh*t.  I'd expect that from a purdue or Kentucky forum, but when I see it here among supposed "fans"...yeah, I reserve the right to push back.  Some criticism is to be expected, but if you're just here to insult the program you'd be wise to expect some dissent.

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I look at it as we got 2 top 100 kids in the 2021 class but one got here a year early.  Also with everyone getting an extra year we will have a 5 man class next year

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I look at it as we got 2 top 100 kids in the 2021 class but one got here a year early.  Also with everyone getting an extra year we will have a 5 man class next year

My concern is that IU has had two high profile recruits in Romeo and TJD and between them they have one (ncaa tournament appearance) last year.  There has been been learning curves(pack line) injuries, chemistry issues from previous regimes players that were not taken care of because of the APR.  What is the next constraint.  Sorry to talk bad about IU, however at some point, they become just mediocre is the expectation. 

17 minutes ago, BDB said:

My concern is that IU has had two high profile recruits in Romeo and TJD and between them they have one (ncaa tournament appearance) last year.  There has been been learning curves(pack line) injuries, chemistry issues from previous regimes players that were not taken care of because of the APR.  What is the next constraint.  Sorry to talk bad about IU, however at some point, they become just mediocre is the expectation. 

Which part of IU is mediocre? Is it the top 10 defense according to Kenpom or is it the number 17 overall rating? Or maybe it’s the top 15 rating on Bart Torvik. 

28 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I mean it’s obvious by every metric that the team has gotten better each year. If that stops happening I get having concerns but it seems like that should be literally what every fan should want. 

All is good within the IU basketball program then.

10 hours ago, Hippopotamo said:

I mean it’s obvious by every metric that the team has gotten better each year. If that stops happening I get having concerns but it seems like that should be literally what every fan should want. 

The defense has improved markedly and appears to now be quite good.  Offense has improved, primarily due to players adapting and getting comfortable in it, but it still has a ways to go.

I do take issue with the use of "..by every metric".  Well, no, unless you mean statistics alone.  Our conference record (which is yet to be determined for this season) has by no means improved significantly if at all. We're in the "show me the money" era right now.  Win and all is good, lose and it's not.  Moral victories and "help is on the way" don't cut it anymore.

I know everyone rationalizes it with talk of how good the B10 is, and it IS strong across all 14 teams, but our goal is to win conference titles and succeed in the NCAA tourney.  We are still untested and have shown no evidence that we're close to that point yet.  Heck,  when we WERE achieving those type of goals the B10 had some really good teams, albeit no among as many schools.

I think some are being labeled as "pessimists" simply because they are trying to look at things objectively (as much as it's possible).  As I mentioned several days ago, the experts don't regard us as being there yet and our conference fanbase foes sure don't and hopefully they're wrong.  That said, when you're really good those people will acknowledge it or at least gripe that you're over rated.  Right now they don't really even think about us.  We are long overdue to break out, but we've waited so long that a lot of us need convincing (and will be grateful when it happens).

There's no reason to call the team/program disgusting names.  That goes beyond frustration and might indicate a need to find another item of interest to concentrate on. JMO.

12 hours ago, Hippopotamo said:

Every fan wants metrics?  

I am not overly concerned. I think we have a big opportunity to bring in a really good transfer or 2. 

With that said, it seems like when recruits wait it out, we tend to not land them. So many of Archie's commits committed to him early: I can only think of one that really drug it out and it worked out for us (Romeo). All the others chose elsewhere. 

Archived